Fitbit stats confusing

Options
My weekly Fitbit stats show: calories in =11,155 calories burned 12,217 and Net Calories in vs out + 2438. How can that be as when I do the math I com up with -1062??? I am trying to find out how I can come up with my net calories each week to track against my goal of -3500.. but these numbers don't make sense. I track and sync my calories thru MFP. Can someone help!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It looks like you ate 1062 less than the goal that you have set up on Fitbit.

The difference is between what you ate and what your goal calories were. I'll use my numbers from last week as an example.

Calories burned (all week long): 14963
    Calories eaten (all week long): 11728

I have my Fitbit set to lose one pound per week. To lose one pound per week, I should have eaten 11463 calories (which is 14963-3500.) Instead, I ate 11728, which was 265 more than 11463.

svezflxodx3n.png

• janiegirl108
    janiegirl108 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for your response. I guess I'm still confused on how to track this on a daily basis I'm aiming for 1200 cal a day. But it seems to me that the witness is calculated as I need to have a 500 cal deficit each day from the calories I burned Still a bit confusing to me. I'm trying to figure this out on a daily basis but I won't know what my calorie burn is till the end of the day.