Struggling to meet calorie goal

Options
13»

Replies

• cakemunchkin
    cakemunchkin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    Do you weigh everything you eat on a food scale and religiously log everything you eat? For example, looking at this:

jjkmanhwyro6.jpg

Your Chex cereal at 1.5 cups to be accurately measured should be in grams. Your two ounces of chicken should be weighed on a food scale for accuracy. Your "one piece" of banana could be anywhere from 90 calories to 300 calories. I suspect you are eating more calories than you think.

Also - how do you have 0.1 cup of broccoli and 1/8 a cup of frozen veggies? Can you even fit any of those kinds of veggies into an 1/8 of a cup? I also agree that you're probably eating a little more than you think you are.

Edited because spelling is hard for me apparently.

thats atrocious.....

Take your bullying elsewhere, thanks.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I don't mean this unkindly - it's just that I wonder if maybe it's more of a fear of eating more, than it is your ability to not eat more. I'm also a bit concerned that maybe your logging isn't accurate to be eating so little. It sounds like maybe what you could use some help with is a good plan for staying healthy, getting proper nutrition, and knowing how to keep it in balance. Have you considered maybe meeting with a nutritionist? You could get some great advice that way, and they could help you figure out what works for you.

Yep, in my original post I mentioned that I had an appointment to meet with one next week. Thanks for the advice!

Oops, sorry..I guess I missed that part. That's good, then..hopefully that will help you to get on the right track! Good luck! :smile:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I can say with almost certainty that you would feel like a starving lethargic mess if you were only consuming 700 calories every day.

I can't wait to hear your results when you ditch the measuring cups and spoons and start using a food scale for ALL of your food.

Good luck, and don't worry, if you follow the advice you've received here you'll be golden :flowerforyou:
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    What does "one piece" of banana look like? Frankly, I'm appalled that entries like that are even allowed in the database.

OP: I too think you are eating more than you think you are. That's not being mean, that's not bullying. It's just the most likely scenario. It happens here a lot.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything you eat on a food scale and religiously log everything you eat? For example, looking at this:

jjkmanhwyro6.jpg

Your Chex cereal at 1.5 cups to be accurately measured should be in grams. Your two ounces of chicken should be weighed on a food scale for accuracy. Your "one piece" of banana could be anywhere from 90 calories to 300 calories. I suspect you are eating more calories than you think.

Also - how do you have 0.1 cup of broccoli and 1/8 a cup of frozen veggies? Can you even fit any of those kinds of veggies into an 1/8 of a cup? I also agree that you're probably eating a little more than you think you are.

thats atrocious.....

i dont think that word means what you think it does, youngling .....
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

jjkmanhwyro6.jpg

thats atrocious.....

hyvuyhsebpxg.gif
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Op I looked at your food diary and some of the food you posted listed an item as generic. People log in the information and it's not always correct. I am glad you will be meeting a nutritionist to help you out consider weighing your food you will be surprised between cups and actually weighing the food. Good luck!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options

jjkmanhwyro6.jpg

thats atrocious.....

hyvuyhsebpxg.gif

Haha beat me to it
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    @ Beermephile1 No, I became overweight by not exercising, eating crap, and emotional eating while I dealt with mental health issues. I've only started tracking my calorie intake for the last month. I reached out for help, theres no need to be such an *kitten*.

Maybe my post was blunt but it is truthful and not intended to insult. If you could eat before you can eat now.

It helps to have a thick skin on forums and not take offense when offered the truth.

Calling someone a liar is neither helpful nor truthful. Just because something is easy for you, does not make it easy for everyone. If you don't have anything helpful to say, maybe try saying nothing.

I did not call you a liar, there is no need to put words in my post that weren't there. I said "I don't believe you" as in you are incorrect!

Many of the things in your log are no more than a single bite, or two bites. I viewed your diary before posting and saw the huge inaccuracies. This has also been pointed out by others.

MFP works, if you follow the advice given and log accurately. There is no way you can sustain life on 700 calories.

Also, for the record, don't lump me in with someone who sent you a PM calling you anorexic. I never have sent you or anyone else a PM, ever.
  • Kristie354
    Kristie354 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @ Beermephile1 No, I became overweight by not exercising, eating crap, and emotional eating while I dealt with mental health issues. I've only started tracking my calorie intake for the last month. I reached out for help, theres no need to be such an *kitten*.

Maybe my post was blunt but it is truthful and not intended to insult. If you could eat before you can eat now.

It helps to have a thick skin on forums and not take offense when offered the truth.

Calling someone a liar is neither helpful nor truthful. Just because something is easy for you, does not make it easy for everyone. If you don't have anything helpful to say, maybe try saying nothing.

I did not call you a liar, there is no need to put words in my post that weren't there. I said "I don't believe you" as in you are incorrect!

Many of the things in your log are no more than a single bite, or two bites. I viewed your diary before posting and saw the huge inaccuracies. This has also been pointed out by others.

MFP works, if you follow the advice given and log accurately. There is no way you can sustain life on 700 calories.

Also, for the record, don't lump me in with someone who sent you a PM calling you anorexic. I never have sent you or anyone else a PM, ever.

I'm fairly sure saying "I don't believe you" or "I think you're lying" mean the same thing lol so if you don't mean it to sound like that maybe have a think about how you word your sentences before hitting post reply.

We all appreciate the advice given on these forums. I know the benefits for me have been great but you have to wade through the rude & arrogant people. There seems to be a few.

To the OP, I had the same issue in a different context. I'm overweight by a lot and I honestly thought I was sick for months. Then I started tracking what I was eating. I posted on here asking for advice because I was struggling to eat 700 calories a day and realised I had been for months. There would of been days when I ate more occasionally but not often. Turns out I just wasn't eating enough. I'm now building my way up to 1800 calories a day and I feel great!! Not 100% but 100% better than I did a couple of weeks ago.

It can happen, it does happen & you can survive. I wasn't living because of how tired and lethargic I was, I was however existing. Call me a liar if you like but I know I track accurately.

Good luck!!
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options

jjkmanhwyro6.jpg

This seems like an error to me. Maybe it was supposed to be 1 cup of broccoli? You really have to pay attention to the listings. Some of them are way off.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Kristie354 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure saying "I don't believe you" or "I think you're lying" mean the same thing lol so if you don't mean it to sound like that maybe have a think about how you word your sentences before hitting post reply.

@Kristie354, I would disagree. You might say something without lying honestly believing of what you're saying, if by facts I can substantiate that what you're saying is incorrect (OP's log), I would say "I dont believe you" which does not mean "you're lying". It's just incorrect. No one ever said "I think you're lying"
  • Kristie354
    Kristie354 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    MasterVal wrote: »
    Kristie354 wrote: »

@Kristie354, I would disagree. You might say something without lying honestly believing of what you're saying, if by facts I can substantiate that what you're saying is incorrect (OP's log), I would say "I dont believe you" which does not mean "you're lying". It's just incorrect. No one ever said "I think you're lying"

It's all about perceptions & context when you're on a forum. If people actually thought about how they word something in the context of a conversation or clarify quickly then it makes for a better experience for everyone not just those who yell the loudest or longest.

My perception is that I probably would've been offended as well. Maybe handled differently but each to their own right?