Keto diet 1 week and no weight loss?

Options
Hi I started the keto diet I am one week in but no weight loss my diet consists of:

*2 full eggs 6 egg whites,

*35g whey protein small spoonfull of peanut butter

*170g chicken fillit

*170g chicken fillit with handfull of green beans

can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? I am 140 ponds,

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

a fad diet with not enough caloric intake.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong.
    Are you eating keto for a medical reason or to lose weight?
    What kind of exercise and how often are you doing it?
    Also, is that *all* you're eating?
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    You're probably holding onto poop. Low carb is very constipating.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    Yeah it looks quite low calorie. Do you test yourself to check if you are actually in ketosis?
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Hi I started the keto diet I am one week in but no weight loss my diet consists of:

*170g chicken fillit

I tried that once, did not see good results. I was constipated like crazy for many days and therefore did not lose weight. My body just did not want to digest only protein for days.
  • hookilau
    Options
    Adding konjac noodles or supplement can help alleviate constipation while eating keto if you're not getting enough whole veggies.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this made me lol!!!
  • crippledvirgin
    Options
    If I eat less than 400 carbs a day, someones dead.
  • inovation121
    Options
    I have not had anything other than stated, I guess it could be the constipation as I have not went regularly, doing the diet for weight loss, i will give it another week and see how things go Thanks :happy:
  • inovation121
    Options
    I have been doing the weights 3 times a week but not very much as i am only beginning, the diet is for weight loss and i am only power walking on the tredmill to keep my BPM low
  • jonnysgirl1701
    Options
    You are not eating enough fat for that to be a ketogenic diet. What you are doing there would be a high protein diet (unless your lean meat and veggies were covered in butter). Which is also why you would be constipated. KETO is a high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet. I'd suggest doing more research. Also normally when starting keto you would do a fat fast. Look into that.

edited for link...go to r/keto on reddit and read the FAQ. http://www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • hookilau
    Options
    You are not eating enough fat for that to be a ketogenic diet. What you are doing there would be a high protein diet (unless your lean meat and veggies were covered in butter). Which is also why you would be constipated. KETO is a high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet. I'd suggest doing more research. Also normally when starting keto you would do a fat fast. Look into that.

edited for link...go to r/keto on reddit and read the FAQ. http://www.reddit.com/r/keto

good call on the fat & additional reading =):drinker:
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

This.

Inb4 op seriously damages their body
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

*170g chicken fillit

if nothing else,you should have at least lost water weight on that.What were you eating the week before ? Any medical condition ?
  • MerBear1985
    MerBear1985 Posts: 131
    Options
    That does not seem like enough food to me...or enough nutrients for that matter. As far as I know (and I haven't done a ton of research on it so correct me if I am wrong) but wasn't the Keto Diet introduced to treat pediatric epilepsy? Isn't constipation one of the side effects? Therefore weight loss would not be all that pronounced?

I do understand that low carbs and higher fats and protein will put you into ketosis (like the first bit of the Atkins diet) but this seems to be just another fad diet that will give short term results. Beyond watching your calories and making sure you are getting enough nutrition I don't think we should eliminate anything from our diets, it's not healthy. Unless of course there is a medical reason for being put on a restrictive diet.

That is just my two cents.
  • jumasc
    jumasc Posts: 5
    Options
    Are you a competitive body builder? Need to lose weight in a hurry for a specific reason? Doing this diet for a medical condition? If you answered no to all of those questions, then why not form good eating habits and eat healthily and sensibly? I just don't "get" specific diets like that. Unless used for a very specific purpose, they do not seem to be something that biologically your body "wants" to do, or can do for the long term.

Just my 2 uneducated cents. Take it for what it's worth.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It takes more then a week for your body to adjust to a fat adaptive state. There is nothing wrong with trying to get into ketosis. Doing it long term you can get some issues with nutrient deficiency since you are limiting so many veggies and fruit. Once you are in it you can remain there with higher amounts of carbs. Usually to get into ketosis you need to keep carbs under 50g. To stay there you would want to stay under 100g even 150g. The goal is to reset your body to burn more fat for energy and not just use glucose. Where a lot of people go wrong is they eat too much protein and are scared to eat enough fat. I think that is also where many get constipation issues along with eating low carb processed junk. Do you feel hungry often between meals? If you are you are likely not eating enough fat.

You can also try limiting dairy to just whole fat plain greek yogurt and butter while reducing milk for a few days and see how you feel. Eating other fermented foods, mixing in more healthy oils(olive and coconut are my fav), and avacados. These will help digestion as well.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/poop-health/#axzz2Xnknp6KE
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    That does not seem like enough food to me...or enough nutrients for that matter. As far as I know (and I haven't done a ton of research on it so correct me if I am wrong) but wasn't the Keto Diet introduced to treat pediatric epilepsy? Isn't constipation one of the side effects? Therefore weight loss would not be all that pronounced?

I do understand that low carbs and higher fats and protein will put you into ketosis (like the first bit of the Atkins diet) but this seems to be just another fad diet that will give short term results. Beyond watching your calories and making sure you are getting enough nutrition I don't think we should eliminate anything from our diets, it's not healthy. Unless of course there is a medical reason for being put on a restrictive diet.

That is just my two cents.

Agree, since I was constipated for days, my body told me, hey, do not eat like that, I do not feel fine, digesting this. I think, low carb like veggies together with protein is better than no carb.
  • EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have no expertise on Keto so I will let others speak to that.

One of your mistakes is that you are looking for results after only ONE WEEK. Give it time! Any new nutrition plan or exercise routine will take time to show results. Most people post their results after months or even years of hard work and dedication. I'm not trying to be negative but you have to stick to a plan a lot longer before you see serious results.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

this made me lol!!!
    Yeah, didn't you know that people don't lose weight when they eat too little.:wink: