Fell off the wagon

Options
Help guys, I fell off the wagon and I'm finding it hard to get back on. I've fallen back to eating fast food and not exercising properly. It's mostly emotional. How can I get back on track.
JJ

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    What if I told you there is no wagon. For weight loss - food is a lot more important than exercise. You can eat anything you like and still lose weight if you just watch your portions. For health - a balanced diet including a variety of fresh food.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Address the "emotional" - and decide that there isn't a wagon and this is your new lifestyle - fight for it!
  • jungaar
    jungaar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    engodwin wrote: »
    Address the "emotional" - and decide that there isn't a wagon and this is your new lifestyle - fight for it!

Thank you. Will do!
  • jungaar
    jungaar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What if I told you there is no wagon. For weight loss - food is a lot more important than exercise. You can eat anything you like and still lose weight if you just watch your portions. For health - a balanced diet including a variety of fresh food.

Today is a new day. Today is a beginning for the rest of my life. I just started having some grilled vegetables and aubergine salad. I'm gonna go on a 5 mile walk.
    Thanks man. It helps knowing there are people out there who've been through this and know that it can be done.

• Ladylusiphur
    Ladylusiphur Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I totally sympathise. After doing well before the festive period I totally lost it & ate so many cakes & chocolates.
    It's only in the last 3 weeks that I feel I've really managed to motivate myself & start getting back to where I was. Still not quite as good as before but good enough to get back to losing.

Hope you get there & remember why you'e doing it and how good it feels.
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You have an opportunity to start new right now. Or if you're like me... My new day is each morning. Just get up and focus on doing what you need to do.
  • miryamch420
    miryamch420 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First of all: it's totally okay! No need to feel guilty or bad. Instead, you could ask yourself why it didn't work? Maybe you were too ambitious? How about doing baby-steps? Give yourself time. You will see changes little by little and that will motivate you to do more changes. Don't give up!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    get back on, how bad do you want it? go grab it and get it
  • VanillaGorillaUK
    VanillaGorillaUK Posts: 342 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    To get back on track, take it one step at a time. Get the exercise consistent first and slowly lower your calories each week. Don't stop eating fast food immediately, continue eating what you're consuming now, but log the calories and reduce portion sizes.

This is a marathon, not a sprint, always think long term.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, but don't give up either. At least you realize that it's the emotional stuff that's getting in the way. First step to change is to realize what the problem is. Slow and steady wins the race, keep going, you can do this!