I'm back on the wagon, looking for some buddies

Options
I'm back (v.2, maybe 3?).

I'm back on the wagon and I need to stay motivated and keep my willpower up. Could use some encouraging buddies along the way.

I have a 13 year old who is a bean pole, petite, short, super skinny and couldn't gain a pound if she tried.

I keep saying things like, "I used to be in the Army, I used to be a boxer..." I'm tired of used to be's. That isn't me anymore, right now I have a lofty goal of 110 pounds to lose... my daughter doesn't even weigh that.

I need new memories to be proud of. This last year my weight has really ballooned up, I used to be able to keep it steady and not gain (for 3 years), but this last year has been a shock.

I need to not only stop the upward climb, but get off this peak. I'm afraid of heights, it's time to get off the mountain.

My SO lives on the other side of the country and is also overweight, but like most guys, he could drop a soda a day and lose weight with no trouble. He's moving in with my daughter and I this summer, it's been a long time coming and I can't wait. I want to be a better person, not really for him, he loves me lots already, but for myself.

Time for new memories, new things to accomplish.

Add me!

Replies

• AgentNMW
    AgentNMW Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm also back on the healthy eating and madly exercising wagon. I've just started the '30 Day Shred' again and it's already kicking my backside! I think I made a mistake walking 10,000 steps, too. My body feels half dead. Ha!

I'll send you a friend request. Good luck with your journey - You'll kill it, own it and wear the T-shirt, I'm sure.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi Sally!
    You and I are both in for a journey - I am hoping to lose 90lbs and this is also my 3rd attempt at MFP (originally I tried back in 2010 and again in 2012 and managed to do well)

Cheers to going down the mountain and hanging out in the meadows :smiley: