Been through this before...help!

Options
I've gone from 135 to 212 to 145 to 180 in the past 15 years or so. I started regularly going to spin class last October. I absolutely love it, and it's the only cardio I've ever really liked (I've always just stuck to weights at the gym). I lost about 10 pounds, but then got a little cocky and gained 5 pounds of it back, lol. But now I'm having trouble getting the scale to move (downward please!)

I spin 3-5 times a week. I don't really have time to get to the gym in addition to that. Anyone have any thoughts on one of those chin up bars? That just seems like a doable option for home, but can I actually build muscle with one of those?

Aaand...should I be eating after spin class? During the week I don't get home from spin until about 9pm and I'm in bed by 11. Is protein my best option?

I think part of the problem is my diet is honestly all over the place. Some days I'm eating way over my calories, some days way under. I only recently started tracking again on this site. I've realized that when I eat sugar it's like flipping a light switch and I can't stop eating it (and in addition to not being healthy, it makes me bloated), so one of the things I've done over the past week is cut out all sweets. Yes, I know, moderation is key, but for me and sugar it's just better if I don't have any!

Any feedback?

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Track regularly and honestly is step #1.
    A chin up bar is great if thats what you are into.
    You can build muscle with lifting weight with progression-lifting heavier and heavier and eating at a surplus.
    What you can do is make your current muscles stronger with the chin up bar but it wont build muscle. The more fat you get off your body the more muscle will be defined.
    Yay for spin class. Remember this isnt a sprint so have realistic goals.
    I eat a light dinner between 6-7pm and lift around 8pm. I drink my protein shake after my lifting session about 8:45-9:00.

eta: clarification