Running Out Of Hot Breakfast Ideas?!?

Options
lucylaw2016
lucylaw2016 Posts: 3 Member
I feel like I'm always making the same thing. Either poached eggs, Baked beans and mushrooms. Or Vegetarian sausages, poached eggs & veg. I'm not a BIG fan of omlettes and I'm trying not to eat too much bread.. Any suggestions? I know I sound extremely fussy.

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Scrambled tofu , onions and spinach?
  • bonniebgoodrich982
    Options
    Quinoa with blueberries and walnuts. Cook 1/2 cup of quinoa, 1 cup almond milk, cinnamon, touch of salt, pinch of nutmeg and simmer until fluffy.

I like to add a little cayenne too. It's delicious!
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Breakfast sandwiches are awesome. I know you said you don't each much bread, but I do mine on 100 cal, whole wheat english muffins... gets my grains and some fiber in. You could also do breakfast burritos in low calorie wraps. Can put pretty much anything in them, too.
  • cbsgal007
    cbsgal007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do flat out breakfast pizza
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Porridge? (Oats) How many different breakfasts do you need?
  • rsngmn
    rsngmn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    put some smoked turkey, tomato, garlic and belly pepper in a parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes...
  • Jmh1762
    Jmh1762 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just had a sandwich. Two slices of bacon was 80 calories, two slices of thin bread, 130 calories and 1 egg & 1 white. It came out to 299 calories. Very tasty. aebr772mei20.jpg
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Breakfast food doesn't have to differ from lunch or dinner. You could have steak for breakfast, you know?
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I've been loving turkey bacon lately. 4 slices is something like 140 calories (35 calories a slice). Lots of good protein in there!
  • jsbalrog
    jsbalrog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Steel cut (or "Irish" style) oatmeal. It's a carb, but a complex one, plus oat bran. I sweeten it with just a little honey. Great for cold mornings.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, Cream of wheat, grits, Eggs, turkey bacon, yogurt, open faced tomato and cottage cheese on Rudys low carb english muffin. Whole wheat eggos
  • Stephie2015
    Stephie2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    healthy two ingredient pancakes, one banana mashed up as finely as possible and two eggs. Mix it all together, cook like a pancake and add your favourite toppings, mine are honey or lemon juice. I have eaten this for the past two week straight and still love them
  • lucylaw2016
    lucylaw2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone some really good ideas! I love them all
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Frittatas/egg bakes. You can make all different flavors - the one on my meal plan for next week is pizza flavored, for example.

I love veggie burgers or soup for breakfast. I pre-make them and freeze so I can just warm up on busy mornings.

How about breakfast burritos with low carb/high fiber wraps like the ole wellness brand (newest ones are 50 calories, 11g fiber)?

We've been tearing up deviled eggs for breakfast lately. Not hot, but really good.
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    all tasty sounding suggestions.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    When I was in the Dominican Republic we'd have eggs scrambled with green & red peppers, onions and salmon. Side of sliced avocado and small bowl of fresh sliced fruit! One of my favorites
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal - the most versatile breakfast food. Sweet, savory, chocolate-y, fruity, nutty, a million and one topping options.

My favorite is 40g oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 2T fat free cream cheese, cinnamon, egg whites (for volume), blueberries, coconut, protein powder, and coconut peanut butter. If you don't have the macros/calories for that, there are plenty more ways to do it.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    we had rice complete with side dishes in the morning too.. yum..Its like lunch and dinner, during breakfast.

• bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I eat my poached egg on a bed of arugula, roasted red peppers, a tablespoon of parmesan cheese, and either a bit of ham or black beans. Whole wheat toast with mashed avocado, fresh lime juice, black beans, and some siracha over it. Savory oatmeal is always awesome - instead of sugar you can mix in any combo of veggies and top with an egg if you'd like. And like other commenters have said - you can always have regular food for breakfast as well =)