Can someone remind me how to block Chit Chat on the forums?

Options
I've had it blocked since shortly after I joined MFP, but now it's back for some reason and I don't remember how I got rid of it the first time. I had forgotten how much I hated it taking up what could otherwise be worthwhile space! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hit the the gear wheel in the right corner of chit chat
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh.... thank you! I think my IQ just increased by about 85% ;)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I blocked the new forum "Fun and Games" this morning...seems as if some of the threads on it should have remained in Chit/Chat. I went to the home page of forums and found the gear wheel there...just click unfollow.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh.... thank you! I think my IQ just increased by about 85% ;)

IKR
  • try2again
    Options
    There's a new category? Maybe that's why it wasn't working in the first place, huh?
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I unfollowed both but they're still all the topics shown in the "recently posted" bit.

<--- Sad Panda
  • try2again
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »
    I unfollowed both but they're still all the topics shown in the "recently posted" bit.

<--- Sad Panda

That was going to be my next question. Went to home page & it was still listed on there. :(
  • Annie_01
    Options
    This morning when I signed in I had a whole page of "Fun and Games" on the most recent discussion list. I think it was for users that want to start a social game...you know...like add a word to the previous word.

The first one that I saw was...Would you kiss the person above you?...or something like that. I guess to some people...that is fun and games. IDK

There is also supposed to be another forum starting with a little more controversial subject matters...hopefully. I think they said it will be a few more days before they roll that one out.

All of this was mentioned in the forum feedback thread.
  • Annie_01
    Options

<--- Sad Panda

Strange...I blocked it this morning and it is not showing on my recent discussion list.

Maybe the gear wheel is broke now???
  • try2again
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »

<--- Sad Panda

Strange...I blocked it this morning and it is not showing on my recent discussion list.

Maybe there's just some lag time.
  • try2again
    Options
    This morning when I signed in I had a whole page of "Fun and Games" on the most recent discussion list. I think it was for users that want to start a social game...you know...like add a word to the previous word.

The first one that I saw was...Would you kiss the person above you?...or something like that. I guess to some people...that is fun and games. IDK

There is also supposed to be another forum starting with a little more controversial subject matters...hopefully. I think they said it will be a few more days before they roll that one out.

All of this was mentioned in the forum feedback thread.

Please, MFP- no more roll outs until existing problems get fixed!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

<--- Sad Panda

Recent discussions in Community isn't the same as the Recently Posted that scrolls up the right of the home page, the former honours your choices the latter does not.
  • Annie_01
    edited February 2016
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

<--- Sad Panda

Recent discussions in Community isn't the same as the Recently Posted that scrolls up the right of the home page, the former honours your choices the latter does not.

Yes...I know that. However I rarely even notice that list displayed on my home page so it never entered my mind. That is why I assumed that the OP was referring to the discussions in community.

I don't spend a lot of time on my Home Page so whatever discussions that show up there doesn't interfere with me trying to find a thread to read.

Sorry people that I misunderstood what the OP was referring to.

ETA...Well never mind...not important.
  • try2again
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

<--- Sad Panda

That's the thing- I thought it had been blocked on my home page, though it hasn't been showing ANY recent posts there for quite a while, so maybe I'm remembering wrong. Like a well-oiled machine, isn't it? *eye roll*