Why am I suddenly in dire need of chocolate

Options
2»

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    magnesium DOES work,,, been on it for a bit,, what a diff it makes!
  • miryamch420
    miryamch420 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate when I am a bit depressed. Just have some! I like dark chocolate because it's hard to eat too much of it at a time. But if I do finish the whole bar, I think well at least I won't be tempted tomorrow, and I go running or something. As the french say "the best way to resist temptation is to give in".
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    If I have calories, I eat as much chocolate as I can fit. Yum, chocolate. If I don't have a lot of calories left, I make a hot chocolate with Hershey's baking powder and splenda with 2% milk. I can have a big mug of it for around 100 calories and it's pretty satisfying. Chocolate powder has very few calories and you can get a nice dose of pure chocolate in there, and it's warm and comforting.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you are completely banning chocolate? A small chocolate-y treat (small bar, scoop of chocolate ice cream, some dark chocolate etc) does not have that many calories. I would go ahead and eat.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi, if it were me, I would have a bar of chocolate, but make it the most delicious one that you can imagine. In the past if I've craved dark chocolate but haven't got any in the house, I would start to eat the kids lunch box treats, nope that didn't hit the spot, so start eating the hot chocolate from the tub, and nope still not fulfilled! I guess what I'm saying is, don't eat all around what you desire, buy it, eat it and move on! Good luck xx
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    9lbs in one month. I'd want to eat everything in site if I'd been cutting that much!
    Congratulations.
    If you find you are craving food, have it. Log it, have a maintenance day.
    I get starving in the few days leading up to TOM or if I've been over cutting.

Enjoy that lovely choccy
  • lillemeddy85
    lillemeddy85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    Well DAMN!!!! I may just have that stupid diet hot chocolate.. it's basically hot water with a smidge of chocolate.. 25 calories. UGH

That is my goto for chocolate cravings!!! Pickles for salt cravings. Ha. Seriously though, try the magnesium. Also, you have lost 9 pounds. That is awesome. Maybe take one day where you chill and eat some chocolate, but log it? I still have quite a few pounds to go myself, but I always let lose a little on the weekends, and have an item or two of naughty food.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    The other day I ate 600 calories worth of chocolate. Totally worth it. I just fit it into the weekly plan and it was no biggie :)

What did you have? Just curious.
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    During my time of the month I crave chocolate, usually 1-2 days. Last time I just ate at maintenance that day and had the chocolate. It was gooooooood!
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I could SCREAM because my husband bought 3 boxes of Samoa girl scout cookies..( little girl was too cute.. couldn't resist but now I'm really in trouble.. lol
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The other day I ate 600 calories worth of chocolate. Totally worth it. I just fit it into the weekly plan and it was no biggie :)

What did you have? Just curious.

A chocolate bar and a half from trader joes. Ate it through out the day on Sunday. Not something I usually do but since it fit into the day, I kinda of made an exception that day :)