[Long][F/5'7"/230#] I'm almost 25 years old and I've got 100# to lose

Options
Hello everybody! I'm Nikki Plays* - aspiring YouTube extraordinaire, web-designer, and person of awesomeness.

But none of that is relevant to why I'm here. Part of my journey to becoming the person I'm meant to be includes taking control of my weight.

To give you the gist of my situation...
× Continually gained weight up to high school. Heaviest being 220# at 5'4" in middle school.
× Developed disordered eating behaviors around 10th grade. Wavered between 190# and 175# through graduation.
× April 2010, my disordered eating behaviors turned into full-blown EDNOS. Dropped from 210# to 148.8# by September by darn near killing myself. 0/10 would not recommend.
× Somehow averaged 160# (ish) by 2014. Stopped actively utilizing eating disorder to lose weight for about 3 years.

And now... I'm 5'7", going to be 25 this year, and I've gained all the weight back.. plus some (I'm 230# as of today) The disordered thoughts haunt me constantly, but like I mentioned before; I darn near killed myself living like that. I want to gain control of my life, and spiraling into an eating disorder is never the answer.

I choose not to hide that part of my past because I feel that if there are others going through something similar, I want them to know that there's another way. And if I can achieve my body-oriented goals in a healthy way, then anyone can. I can't prove it now, and probably not even a week from now. But as of today, I'm actively taking the steps to educate myself on how to live a healthy life, and putting that knowledge to use. I will meet my goals and I will take control of my life.

Sorry this is so long.
Tl;dr: 230#, history with eating disorder (0/10 wouldn't recommend), looking to lead a healthy life and become an inspiration to others in my position.

*Please note that my last name isn't "Plays" (or anything remotely close to it). It is my chosen Internet handle for when I eventually start my Gaming YouTube channel

Replies

• kaitlynbascelli
    kaitlynbascelli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same girl, I'll be 24 this year, struggled all my life, now weighing my heaviest at 243# and I'm 5'7. Just starting working my butt off on Wednesday (started at 249#)
  • monodiabloloco
    monodiabloloco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The extra weight can sneak up on you like a donut scented ninja. You can do whatever you want to do! As an upcoming streamer, maybe you can work in your work outs while gaming. I will happily friend you here for support if you like and follow your channel. You got this.