Random Constipation and bloating have no idea what's going on anymore.

Options
Hello, so for the past year and half I've been dealing with digestion issues and I've been to the doctor 5 times now and they have ran several tests and they always come back fine.

What happens is I'll feel really good for a few weeks and then out of no where I start to bloat really bad and get really constipated. It will last anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks. When this happens I have no change in my diet or anything. It also doesn't seem to matter if I'm eating healthy or not.

I've tried an elimination diet (doctors orders) and it helped for a little bit so I decided to stick with it and not have gluten or dairy and then all of sudden my symptoms came back! I just don't understand and I'm so tired of being miserable. I'm at the point where I'm scared to eat becuase I know it's gonna make me feel miserable an hour later.

It doesn't seem to matter what I'm eating. During the weeks where I feel good and I'm regular and not bloated it doesn't make a difference if I have gluten or dairy it doesn't effect me. So I don't think it's gluten or dairy. Also I eat fairly clean. Not a perfect clean diet but I'm conscious of what I put in my body.

Also during the weeks when I'm really sick I try to avoid all heavy foods (pizza, treats, ice cream alcohol) and only eat healthy things (lean meat, Berries, eggs, lots of veggies/salads) and nothing helps.

I'm so frustrated and I don't wanna go to the doctor anymore becuase it's expensive and they just keep telling me there's nothing wrong with me and all my tests come back fine.

I'm in the process of trying to lose a little bit of weight and its really difficult when I can't see absolutely any progress becuase I'm always bloated and puffy and feeling really sick.

Does anybody else suffer with this or no what could possibly be wrong? Also any medicine I could take to relieve the symptoms when I do feel sick?

Replies

• shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Have they done any tests to check your gallbladder? It can show up as so many different weird symptoms. I had symptoms for 2 years before I realized what it was. I was horribly irregular, bloated, and the most random things would give me heartburn. I could eat oatmeal or yogurt and get heartburn. Finally last February (whoa... actually one year ago today) I was up all night with the most intense pain. I initially thought it was just horribly bad gas or constipation. The next morning I went to the doc, had an ultrasound, and found that I had one huge stone. After the surgery I haven't had a problem since. The ultrasound tech said there are 4 "F's" that predispose you to gallstones... Female, Fat, Fertile, and 40s (granted I'm only 30). Hopefully this helps a little. Good luck.
  • tmarple93
    tmarple93 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, when this started happening I actually went to the er because I had really bad pain in my stomach. Like horrible cramping and they did an ultra sound and some other tests and they just said I had an abyss on my gallbladder but it was so small it was nothing to worry about so they just gave me some prilosec for heartburn and sent me home. . I think I might go back now and ask for them to do some tests. I would be so releived if I could get the problem fixed! Thank you! The doctors in my area just really don't ever seem to care about their patients. Hopefully I can get some kind of help. That makes me really think it could be my gallbladder.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Insist on tests. Some Doctors are *kitten* and assume they know what's wrong with you because it's what's been wrong with the last ten ppl.
  • Healthme15
    Healthme15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is really hard when your doctors concluded your okay but you are really not inside. It is better for you to go for another doctor or an alternative like this supplement Mimonis by Digestic which is very effective in relieving constipation. It does a great result to me when I was in a situation where I barely got to the bathroom.
  • eliza2811
    eliza2811 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have issues with constipation. Thinking it was hormones related previously as worse in the last 14 days of my monthly cycle. I eat healthy. But brown bread, weetabix, baked beans have awful bloating and constipation side effects

Please visit your doctor. I went yesterday and was quite forceful. Being sent for various blood tests, prescribed lactulose and will go from there. :/
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Do you track your fibre intake?
  • bologna111
    bologna111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    See if you can get in to a gastroenterologist. Your symptoms are a lot like mine. I have ibs. They need to rule out gallbladder, crones, etc.