Staying Active

Options
So basketball season is coming to an end. I had practice usually 2 hours a night 3 days a week and then games 2 days a week. I'm looking for some ideas for work outs to help me tone up but with some cardio to get me more in shape for softball. ( Something inside going outside to work out is not an option right now with this weather)I need to stay active and I hate how my body looks now I'm 5'7 and weigh 155.2 lbs (as of this morning) an I'm 18 I've already lost around 90 pounds but would like to be down to 135 and be more toned before May 14 (Prom). Any tips and do you gust think that is realistic. Also do you guys ever feel like your body ant changed at all when you look in the mirror, because I honestly see no difference in the mirror.

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    You're already within the healthy bmi range for your height. What's the 135 about?
  • Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You're already within the healthy bmi range for your height. What's the 135 about?

I think I will be prettier at that weight and have more confidence in my body.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Try indoor rock climbing , build nice strength and flexibility and with an on point diet will help change your physic a. Little too,
    You sound like you enjoy team/social stuff , dancing is fun and social and quite the workout as well , also a bit out of fashion but a killer workout is squash.
    For the body image keep a few photos same pose/light and clothes if you can to compare , it can take a while to get used to, try looking for the little things , collar bones , check bones , muscles a little more defined.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Mandi98U wrote: »

Fair enough. It's pretty low into your BMI though, so be careful to consider and reconsider as you go along. That's a 21 bmi, that's very difficult to maintain for a lot of people. So if you find you hit 140 and feel like you look awesome, don't be afraid to change your goal.

That being said, the only thing that causes a weight loss is eating fewer calories than you burn. You can try to estimate portion sizes and the like, but with so little to lose, I'd go for accuracy above all else. Log your food in MFP, eat at the calorie goal it gives you (choose 1lb or less weight loss per week, the higher two are for people with 50+ lbs to lose, i. e. not you), and you will lose weight. You'll also need to log your exercise and eat at least 50% of those calories back at first, make sure that's working, and adjust if necessary.

By way of exercise, whatever cardio you enjoy is the best. Cycle, running, really whatever. Steady-state cardio like walking or running is the easiest to measure, and thus the one that's easiest to log, but it's really up to you.

Lots of women like the 5X5 for weight training (below). But if you have access to the funds for a personal trainer, you might enjoy that better. If you like team sports, you're gonna like "team" strength training. If you're still in school, which I suspect you are, talk to your gym teacher. Despite all the jokes made about them, they're usually pretty well versed in this stuff and should be able to give you some tips.

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
  • Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mandi98U wrote: »

Fair enough. It's pretty low into your BMI though, so be careful to consider and reconsider as you go along. That's a 21 bmi, that's very difficult to maintain for a lot of people. So if you find you hit 140 and feel like you look awesome, don't be afraid to change your goal.

That being said, the only thing that causes a weight loss is eating fewer calories than you burn. You can try to estimate portion sizes and the like, but with so little to lose, I'd go for accuracy above all else. Log your food in MFP, eat at the calorie goal it gives you (choose 1lb or less weight loss per week, the higher two are for people with 50+ lbs to lose, i. e. not you), and you will lose weight. You'll also need to log your exercise and eat at least 50% of those calories back at first, make sure that's working, and adjust if necessary.

By way of exercise, whatever cardio you enjoy is the best. Cycle, running, really whatever. Steady-state cardio like walking or running is the easiest to measure, and thus the one that's easiest to log, but it's really up to you.

Lots of women like the 5X5 for weight training (below). But if you have access to the funds for a personal trainer, you might enjoy that better. If you like team sports, you're gonna like "team" strength training. If you're still in school, which I suspect you are, talk to your gym teacher. Despite all the jokes made about them, they're usually pretty well versed in this stuff and should be able to give you some tips.

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Thanks so much definitely going to look into the 5x5 workout
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Cardio! Whatever you like!
    And weights!