Alcohol, Booze, liquid courage, and the sauce

Options
I love alcohol.
It makes me feel awful.
It makes me depressed.
It makes me sluggish.
And it makes me gain weight.

Every time my health and fitness goals go down the drain it's when I pick it back up, and I have no idea why I love it.

The feeling I love better than some drinks is the feeling I get after a day with a good workout, lots of water, and some well rounded meals. And that's my motivation right now.
And I know for me and people like me that's the area with the most need for motivation and support.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    hcjo222 wrote: »
    I love alcohol.
    It makes me feel awful.
    It makes me depressed.
    It makes me sluggish.

Post this up somewhere you can see it every day. Let your own words be your motivation. You can do this.
  • hcjo222
    hcjo222 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Thank you!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    @hcjo222 I feel you, dear! I felt the same way about alcohol which is why I quit that habit. You can do it!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I am so on the same boat. It used to be normal for me to buy and drink a bottle of wine 4-5 times a week. And boooyy did I live for that. I kind of had to force myself to stop because pants that used to be loose on me became tight. It's been a month since I brought a bottle home and it was hard in the beginning but now I don't even think about it. I will have a glass at restaurants sometimes when I go out to dinner though.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Can you moderate your intake? I'm nut judging. I love good whiskey, beer and wine, but if you find that you can't stop when you want to seek help. On the other hand, if this is one of those, "hey, I'd love to stop and often do for a few weeks, but I always pick it back up again," then welcome to being human. One approach you can use is to make sure you hit the gym before allowing yourself to drink at night. The endorphin rush and stress release from an intense workout may help you skip the drink. Then again, I'm writing this with a whiskey in my hand, so grain of salt and whatnot . . .
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. No idea why I love it because of all the reasons you listed why I shouldn't. It's my biggest challenge as well so you're not alone!
  • nycolerayne
    nycolerayne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    hcjo222 wrote: »
    I love alcohol.
    It makes me feel awful.
    It makes me depressed.
    It makes me sluggish.

Post this up somewhere you can see it every day. Let your own words be your motivation. You can do this.

Great response!
  • hcjo222
    hcjo222 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been doing really well, I think in the past three weeks I drank one glass of wine. But it had become the norm for me to down the whole bottle a night, and it really does catch up. I'm really happy for all the positive energy I'm getting. I I'm definitely posting my motivations to put it down! :)