Boyfriend in a fitness dilemma SOS

Options
alisakorneyeva
alisakorneyeva Posts: 39 Member
edited February 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Many of us may have come to a point where excersise and sports were a drag.
My boyfriend is slightly overweight (but still super handsome enough to get other girl's attention), and complains how he used to be extremely fit and gorgeous!
How do I, a sport fanatic and nut, motivate him and try to show him it can be fun? Has anyone else been in this position?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You can't really. It's got to be all him. You can try inviting him along for activities or help him get involved with sports he used to love to see if he'll love it again. He still has to want it enough to do it for himself.
  • alisakorneyeva
    alisakorneyeva Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You can't really. It's got to be all him. You can try inviting him along for activities or help him get involved with sports he used to love to see if he'll love it again. He still has to want it enough to do it for himself.

I guess you are right, but I still want him to be happy with himself, as this is one of his insecurities.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Pretty much this. If he's been there before, he knows what it's all about. Its just a matter of him wanting to get there again. Inviting him to different things is a good start.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    You can always turn the conversation back on him and ask what he would like to do to get back the body he had. It could be a solo endeavour, a joint one, or he could decide nothing right now.
    But you have opened the discussion and put the onus on him.

As @usmcmp said, it has to be him.

Cheers, h.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Maybe find a good lift routine that might motivate him??? But yeah not much you can really do.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    You don't motivate him. If hes not going to do it on his own ain't going to happen.