Not doing good so far

i have had the app for about a week now and have not been logging or changing habits!! How did everyone get started? What motivated you to change?! I need help!!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    At first I just did it day by day. Just putting one foot in front of the other, really. It takes a while for a habit to stick so at first you just have to get used to doing it. I've been doing this now for about 3 years so it's automatic these days and so much easier, but at first it took some time to get used to.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    I got started just by... well... starting!
    I set up my profile and then started logging what I ate. Compared the app I was using before (something my husband's doctor set us up with) MFP was a total breeze to use.

The only way the app works is if you use it. Just start logging what you eat for a week, before making any other changes. That way you can see what you eat, how you eat, and understand your intake. After the first week, you'll really understand where your calories and macronutrients are coming from, and can adjust from there.
  • heathermckaye351
    heathermckaye351 Posts: 11 Member
    So I'm not completely abnormal? thanks for the advice!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Common advice is to not worry about changing habits immediately. If consistently logging is all you can do, do that. That way you can see what you are working with and when you have the spoons to make changes, it'll be easier to see where changes can be made effectively.
  • heathermckaye351
    heathermckaye351 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you!! I have not been logging because I've done horrible but today I logged even though it was bad and felt more accountable and saw where I was screwing up!! Thanks!!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Yep, it's just a learning process. The important thing is that you learn from mistakes, improve on everything, and keep going.