phentermine

anyone taking this or has I'm new to it just started this week. I need phentermine friends!! I'm iffy on it never took diet pills before love for some friends to talk to me and share the journey!!!

Replies

• Graceraeg
    Graceraeg Posts: 84 Member
    What is phentermine
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Phen will rob you of your soul. Read my story. And get off it before it kills you.
  • jaycich
    jaycich Posts: 44 Member
    It works for about 3 weeks, then your body gets used to it and you're back to eating big.

When it's working, it wakes you up in the middle of the night, which is annoying.
  • jessicamfort
    jessicamfort Posts: 2 Member
    I just started phentermine today. So far, the only side effect I've had is cotton mouth. I've had several other friends use it with great results and with diet and exercise have been able to keep the weight off.
    My advice would be to talk to your doctor and make sure you get a full check up before starting. Good luck!
  • Q_Is_Poison
    I have spoken with people who have suffered permanent renal damage and heart damage due to Phentermine. It also causes psychosis.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    edited February 2016
    I have spoken with people who have suffered permanent renal damage and heart damage due to Phentermine. It also causes psychosis.

Did you say you took it before?
  • I had amazing success on Phentermine years ago, but I was also counting calories religiously and doing a 3 hour workout everyday.
  • KymberE
    KymberE Posts: 3 Member
    I've taken if off and on for 5 years! As meds affect everyone, differently, I've NEVER had a problem with this medication, outside of the cotton mouth and headache, which is caused from not eating (self induced). I lost 50 lbs on this and kept it off! IT's all about the choices you make for yourself. nothing is ever full proof!
  • Bmoy87
    Bmoy87 Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2016
    :smile:
  • Bmoy87
    Bmoy87 Posts: 55 Member
    anyone taking this or has I'm new to it just started this week. I need phentermine friends!! I'm iffy on it never took diet pills before love for some friends to talk to me and share the journey!!!

I took phentermine last year for a few month and lost the majority of my weight while on it (currently 117 pounds lost). I haven't taken it since November last year and I am happy I stopped because pills wont work forever and you need to learn to live without them eventually. They are a great pill to kick-start your diet and weight loss and the energy I got while on them was awesome. I was prescribed Phen from my doctor and I trust his judgement, I assume you also got them from your doctor so listen to him and not the nay sayers on this forum. Shoot me a friend request I'm always looking for new friends and if you have any other questions/concerns feel free to ask. :smile:
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Oh goodness, you are about to get torn up on MFP for even asking about it. I've taken it before and I've been very successful. I can't say I recommend it though because most of the people I know use it the wrong way, and end up worse off. If you can use it short term to break habits and jump start your plan, I think it's good.
  • senecarr wrote: »

Did you say you took it before?

+1,000
    she can't see my snarky response because I'm on the "ignore" list :lol:
  • Q_Is_Poison
    I truly believe that telling a young woman to take Phentermine is irresponsible and stupid. That said, it's your body. If you wan't to play Russian Roulette, go for it. But if you are one of the unfortunates, and there are many, who end up with major health problems because of this drug, your life will never be the same...
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Phentermine not only causes major physical problems, it also causes mental problems. Is being skinny worth losing your mind? Because eventually you will if you stay on this drug longterm. And most people do stay on it longer than they should because most folks re-gain the weight they lost when they go off of it.
  • kerastivers
    kerastivers Posts: 10 Member
    thanks everyone! for the feedback I did have a scare yesterday but I think it's bc I worked all day and didn't eat. I also took a whole one instead of my usual half. not ready to give up on it yet tho. I'll make sure I keep an eye on it tho n let my Dr know when I see him next.