Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Scale not moving? Not losing weight?

Replies

• _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »
    I'm not TRYING to tell everyone. I AM telling everyone............scale not moving? Not in a deficit. Clear enough?

you seem very upset. do you need a snickers bar?

I love a Snickers bar, Kit Kats are better though
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    no flow chart needed. not losing weight? eat less, move more. simple.

Here we're going to disagree. The flowchart is great because it helps people figure out where their thinking if off. Eat less isn't always useful information. Sometimes the answer is to wait more than 3 days before expecting results. Sometimes it's to use better estimates or stop trusting overblown exercise calories. Arming people with information above and beyond "eat less" gives them more tools for long term success.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Your attention seeking behaviour is worrying.
  • _Figgzie_
    I think people over complicate things, I did it for a long time when I was having trouble losing weight. A personal trainer friend of mine told me the simple words that have help me lose 100 pounds........."eat less, move more"............scale not moving? do one or both. losing weight? don't change a thing!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    I agree the flowchart is unnecessary. Eat at a deficit and bam! Weight loss.
  • _Figgzie_
    Your attention seeking behaviour is worrying.

people's lack of common sense is worrying!! I got tired of reading threads with eat more to lose weight, starvation mode, you're losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time, blah blah blah
  • _Figgzie_
    trjjoy wrote: »
    I agree the flowchart is unnecessary. Eat at a deficit and bam! Weight loss.

a voice of reason, FINALLY lol..............I'm being told I'm seeking attention in here lol! thanks for stating what I agree with and what is obviously not obvious!
  • _Figgzie_
    Mavrick_RN wrote: »
    I think it's a response to those posts about someone lifting weights for three weeks, whining about not losing weight and getting a response that they're gaining so much muscle that it weighs more than the fat they've lost, blah da blah.

That does indeed get old.

INDEED! It's maddening. That's the reason I posted this thread.
  • _Figgzie_
    CollieFit wrote: »
    The constant responses of "you're probably building muscle / turning fat into muscle" and (based on no evidence) "you need to eat MORE you're probably in starvation mode" make me want to weep too. LOL

AMEN!!!
  • _Figgzie_
    gia07 wrote: »
    What's the point of this thread. If there is a debate here, there is a debate forum.

I love being yelled out in CAPS!!

the point of the thread is obvious. I hope.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited February 2016

Sorry this isnt true my profile pic some weeks id not lose I weigh measure everything never cheated did tons exercise 12 cardio classes a week 4 gym sessions for weights 2 hours walking 6 days a week and C25K on 1500 calories a day so I was 100% not eating enough calories not to warrant weightloss
    When you exercise a lot you don't always see it on the scales it's on the tape measure spent 28 years doing this and for us ladies there's many times we don't lose and we are 100% it's called hormones water retention
    No way can you state if your not losing your not doing this right as I know I am
    I've even done vlcd 600 cals a day replacement shakes that's it no food at all no cheating 12 weeks and a couple weeks had no losses.
    You can't be saying things that aren't true also some people only have 20lbs to lose so will not lose every week bigger and younger you are the more you lose and more often been there done that many times.
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. What weighs more, 100 pounds of feathers or 100 pounds of bricks?

Um, k. What?

So nothing weighs more than anything else. In the world. Because you can always have 100 pounds of anything equalling 100 pounds of anything else.

Obviously, when comparing weight within the context of normal conversation, we take volume into account.

What's your agenda when you decide to not consider volume? I don't get it...
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. What weighs more, 100 pounds of feathers or 100 pounds of bricks?

Um, k. What?

So nothing weighs more than anything else. In the world. Because you can always have 100 pounds of anything equalling 100 pounds of anything else.

Obviously, when comparing weight within the context of normal conversation, we take volume into account.

You'd be amazed at the number of people for whom this is not obvious. They will also be unable to either answer correctly or see the relationship to the bricks/feathers example.
  • _Figgzie_

Um, k. What?

we are talking about the number on the scale which is a measurement of weight, not volume. Losing 20 pounds of fat and then gaining 20 pounds of muscle will obviously make you look better even at the same weight.
  • _Figgzie_
    size102b wrote: »

Sorry this isnt true my profile pic some weeks id not lose I weigh measure everything never cheated did tons exercise 12 cardio classes a week 4 gym sessions for weights 2 hours walking 6 days a week and C25K on 1500 calories a day so I was 100% not eating enough calories not to warrant weightloss
    When you exercise a lot you don't always see it on the scales it's on the tape measure spent 28 years doing this and for us ladies there's many times we don't lose and we are 100% it's called hormones water retention
    No way can you state if your not losing your not doing this right as I know I am
    I've even done vlcd 600 cals a day replacement shakes that's it no food at all no cheating 12 weeks and a couple weeks had no losses.
    You can't be saying things that aren't true also some people only have 20lbs to lose so will not lose every week bigger and younger you are the more you lose and more often been there done that many times.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/comment-page-2/#comment-35848
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    The sheer illogicality of some responses here will make my head explode. CICO works.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited February 2016
    Please don't private me again
  • _Figgzie_
    trjjoy wrote: »
    The sheer illogicality of some responses here will make my head explode. CICO works.

YUP!!!!!!!!!!!! and people wonder why.............
  • _Figgzie_
    size102b wrote: »
    Please don't private me again

all I said was sorry you got upset and no hard feelings and good luck. It's too bad, really. I believe what I believe because it's FACT. Sorry you don't agree.
  • _Figgzie_

Um, k. What?

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/weight-loss-plateau-myth-muscle-weighs-more-than-fat/