tight hamstrings

Options
I've been unable to run, lately because of a tight hamstring, I always stretched, and I am doing every stretch I know, but I slipped a while ago, and thinking back that hamstring ttwinged, and I thought nothing of it. So any help and advice would gratefully received.

Replies

• stevegarrett99
    stevegarrett99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm an athletics coach and personal trainer and I regularly see this condition. First thing I ask clients is 'what is your job?' If their occupation has them sitting down a lot, ie office job, driver etc then I suspect the problem is anterior pelvic tilt. The sensation of tight hamstrings is actually the complete opposite in that they are over lengthened caused by the pelvis being pulled rearwards by tight quads and hip flexors. The last thing you should be doing is stretching the hamstrings as they are already under excess tension. My advice would be to stretch and foam roll your quads and hip flexors and then do a search on youtube for correcting anterior pelvic tilt. There are loads of vids on this subject. Good luck.
  • RicSur
    RicSur Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well you're spot on, I'm a courier driver, thx I will check that out.