Recovered and refocused

Options
The ideas and encouragement I learned on this site when I joined helped me lose about 1/3rd of my goal. Then I was injured, depressed, and a billion other excuses, but I stopped.
Last week my 16 y/o daughter was complaining about her level of fitness and I started to feel a little conviction because I taught her that. I taught her to complain (vs fix it) through my inaction.

Last night she and I started what will be our three-times-per-week cardio at the gym. I feel strongly about this - I sort of owe it to her to help develop good habits to last a lifetime. I know the habits I had didn't last. I WAS fit (while I was a Soldier). I let myself go. Then I started to get Fit, and stopped. Several times.

I guess for me the line is drawn anew - I'm going to be better. Enough complaining and talking about it.

So - I'm Darin - Nice to see you (again). Although I don't live in Detroit anymore (moved to Germany with my kids this past October) KaiserslauternDarin doesn't have the same ring to it.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I just have to say aaaawwwww!

What a good dad! And your daughter wants to hang out with her father when she is 16, how cool it that?

Need to come with a new nickname, but DetroitDarin is good...good luck with the journey...
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks. She and I are good like that. I've kept her talking to me through the rough years, so now we communicate well. And, I'm funny as hell and she likes that. Thanks Gia :)