How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I personally do it every day. I think seeing the number makes me excited if it goes down and makes me feel like the hard work and will power are working and if it goes up I usually already know why, and it is a good kick in the butt. Just wondering how other people do it. I know some are on a journey that isn't about the number, but I am not too that journey yet, so it really is.

Replies

• CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I don't know, every week or so. I find the opposite is true. It feels better to weigh only occasionally and see a bigger difference than to sit there and nitpick if I've lost or gained a fraction of a pound
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Dont laugh....every time i poop! lol
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options

I like to weigh before an after. Last night I was 137.2 before, 136.2 after (TMI? Sorry), makes me feel like I've acheived :D
  • ShrinkingScientist
    Options
    Daily. It's my motivator, plus not knowing if it's "working" discourages me more than weighing daily and only seeing tiny changes.
  • Shonquinta
    Shonquinta Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mostly once a week, but occassionally I'll check mid-week depending on how nosy I'm feeling.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options

Yeah, no joke, Post-morning-poop. It's important to do it at consistent time.
  • mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself every day but my weight fluctuates up and down at least 2 pounds daily and it gets to be a bit depressing so I've knocked it down to once a week.
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I'm so tall I can't even see any changes that are under 20 lbs. I get more excitement out of tight clothes becoming loose than I do changes on the scale. I KNOW the scale is going to change but if I focus on that it'll drive me insane.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    TBH, I don't own a scale. I got my starting weight because I was at the doctor for bronchitis. I figure I'll weigh myself either when I have to go to the doctor again for some reason or if I get around to buying a scale, but personally, I think it would depress me so I'm okay not weighing myself and just following my plan as closely as possible for now.
  • Tearshia
    Tearshia Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    yep. I weigh myself after the first morning poop. lol. I was weighing myself every week, but that wasn't helping me as much as weighing myself everyday. By doing it everyday I can see if I am on track and correct it fast instead of waiting a week and seeing that I gained 5lbs. If I notice the number going up, I can stop it before it gets big.
  • Abby2810
    Abby2810 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Everyday- helps to keep me focused
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I read recently that studies have shown people who weigh themselves every day lose more weight and are more likely to maintain their results. They said it was because it holds you accountable.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Everyday to keep me focused on my goal. Tried the once a week, things get out of hand and I start to gain.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Daily, and I track it with Libra. It helps me see if I'm on track to hit my goal in a decent amount of time, and helps me focus if I start to get a little off-track with my eating.
  • mrschikin
    mrschikin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning after my workout and a good bm, but before I shower. I'm ok with small fluctuations up or down, because I know weight loss isn't linear, but if the scale goes up in a regular fashion I know it's time to change something in my diet or exercise routine.

I am quite tall (and still just barely over 300 lbs) so it takes a long time to notice changes in my measurements, how my clothes fit, or how I look. But the scale is a fair bellweather when it comes to whether I'm on track or not.
  • LosingIt2022
    LosingIt2022 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I only record it on a Friday - thats my 'official' weigh day. It definately spurs me on if I see a loss, though it also gets me frustrated if I don't. I have really tried not to weigh daily, but I just can't - I got's to know!
  • StencilChild
    StencilChild Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself Saturday morning, after my morning walk to get coffee and BM. I do have a slightly high sodium intake (my next goal is to lower that!), so it can cause some water retention throughout the week. Also, I don't necessarily care what the scale says. It is not the end-all stat. Within 3 weeks, I'm already down a pant size, and shirts are fitting better.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I don't record it as a loss unless I see the same lower number 2 days in a row to account for water, etc. This has worked for me for both of my weight loss stints, but it's not for everyone. It doesn't stress me out as it does others.
  • robburry_85
    robburry_85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Every Friday in the morning
  • Toribeth23
    Toribeth23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself every day if I think of it, but my weight fluctuates so much its hard to tell if I'm really "losing" anything when the next day it goes right back up to where I started... I really should cut back to 1x per week but I don't know if even that will make a difference.