Help entering steps

Options
Numer1ca
Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
My garmin isn't syncing. Do I figured I'd just manually enter the steps.

Anyone know how to do that?

TIA

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can't enter just steps. To MFP that doesn't mean anything. They don't know your stride length or how fast you were going at times.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yep cannot add steps.. besides why are you adding step data anyway? It is not steady state cardio exercise and not really calorie burning it is part of your daily movement..

I have a garmin, so let me edit this and say, if you do not use an HRM and you do use the activity function then yes steps are recorded during the exercising, however you should create an "exercise activity" and not "steps" for normal walking around like you would go to the mail box or bathroom.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I use my garmin on the time and distance setting, and just log my walks as 40 mins at 3mph for example
  • Numer1ca
    Options
    With my current lifestyle, I am using 10K steps as a goal. Then when I don't hit it in my normal rushing around, I can squeeze in 7 minute walks in between other activities. Last night I did 4 of them. I guess, I can turn on the GPS every time I do that. Or just write it off since steps don't count towards my calls anyway.
  • Numer1ca
    Options
    Don't count towards my calories.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If you do specific walks, you can just enter the time walked; 7 minutes x 4= 28 minutes.

Is it a lot of calories? Maybe not, but if you want to have a fitness record showing your goals and progress, it can be good.