Hello, New around here :)

Options
Hello,

My name is Amy, I've been using the app for awhile however I'm new on the forums. I thought I would introduce myself.

I used to weigh 275lbs, basically "got tired of being fat", was unhappy and decided to make a lifestyle change! I'm now 105lbs lighter. I am almost to my ultimate goal I originally set for myself.

Hasn't been easy, I've had many slip ups, step backs and weight gains but that is what made me push harder. My husband is Active Duty Air Force, so moving every few years doesn't make it any easier :wink:

It has been 110% hard work and dedication, and I'm proud to announce I am training for a Full Marathon for the end of the year (October).

Anyways. Hello, and thank you for letting me introduce myself.

Please feel free to add me.

Amy

Replies

• holidayslimgoal
    Options
    hey

ive just added you -im new here too for the second time on MFP.

need friends to keep me going again!

WELL DONE ON YOUR SUCCESS!
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Amazing work and just what I needed to see as I'm moving towards my first goal!
  • hfontanez
    hfontanez Posts: 2
    Options
    Amy,

That is an amazing journey. I just started and not doing well. It's a total mindset change. I am doing better but can be doing much better. I am taking it a day at a time.

Thanks for your encouragment. I wish you the best on the marathon.

Heidy :happy:
  • Deloresbolt
    Deloresbolt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow Amy, good for you!! And be sure and thank your husband for his service. I am one of those crazy people that goes up and shakes their hands and says Thank You For Serving!
    A marathon next? WOW good luck to you!

Dee
  • happybrunette120
    Options
    Amy - I found your post quite inspiring! It's unbelievable how much weight you have lost - especially considering you're a full time mom and probably lead a busy life. This kind of story makes me believe that I can achieve anything - my life isn't a fraction as busy as yours!
  • mysty55
    mysty55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, I am new too, have never posted anything and have no friends, yet. Have had the fitness pal for awhile but haven't utilized it much yet. Am determined to do better this time. From my highest, I'm down 45 pounds, but it's taken me years to get this far. Your post inspired me to get it high gear again and congratulations on what you've lost so far. I can only do one day at a time and so far todays a great day. Thanks
  • yasmea12
    yasmea12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Amy,

My name is Shaunta. I am new to "myfitnesspal" in general. Way to go on your 105 pounds weight loss. :laugh: