Stress and Eating

Options
It's been a stressful day at work so I'm already craving something other than the properly portioned meal I packed from home. I recognize that it is my stress that is making me crave and not actual hunger, otherwise I would be content with what I brought. I just need to stay the course and eat what I planned..but wow is it difficult!! Anyone else having a stressful day?

Replies

• ShrinkingScientist
    Options
    Yes. I actually pulled up the cafeteria menu with the calorie counts and was like, nevermind! I'll just stick with my lunch.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Stress usually doesn't make me eat, it just makes me b**chy. Lol.
  • PrincessBanana89
    PrincessBanana89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We have a restaurant on the first floor of my office building and it has the most amazing, greasy, salty, savory meals you can imagine..I went there for 5 months and gained 20lbs...so needless to say I avoid it like the plague now
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Not today (yet) but yes in general! My work keeps bags of chips and salty goodies well stocked for us (my downfall), and anytime I'm getting overwhelmed, all I think of is "man I want pretzels/doritos/fritos/etc." Then I ask myself, will the snack make the file I'm working with less annoying or the person I'm dealing with less frustrating? The answer is, of course, no, but I still want it! I've taken to leaving a clear cup full of raw almonds in front of my computer, and when I get the urge I eat one or two (assuming I'm not actually hungry). The crunch is helpful and keeps me from getting hangry.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    You have to have a release from the stress. Take stress breaks throughout the day, a walk, some stretches at your desk, take a little zen time. Have a stress ball or even a little can of play doh, you can make things with the play doh then smash it. Makes you feel good.
    Hope that helps.
  • PrincessBanana89
    PrincessBanana89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea 303lissy, I usually keep a 33.8 oz bottle of water handy at all times. I like to try and drink the stress away ;)