Considering going without breakfast.

Options
13»

Replies

• kiaraaharper
    kiaraaharper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I never skip breakfast and am a staunch believer of the old saying "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper!" Though I don't have a king-like breakfast but my breakfast usually includes fruits, scrambled eggs or any other protein and cornflakes/oats. I also sometimes skip the cornflakes. I don't eat anything in the evening as I am usually at the gym at that time. Directly have dinner. The regimen works quite well for me.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wait until around noon to eat something. But on days like today? Hell no. I will eat something small and light every few hours.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I never skip breakfast and am a staunch believer of the old saying "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper!" Though I don't have a king-like breakfast but my breakfast usually includes fruits, scrambled eggs or any other protein and cornflakes/oats. I also sometimes skip the cornflakes. I don't eat anything in the evening as I am usually at the gym at that time. Directly have dinner. The regimen works quite well for me.

My ranching relatives eat their biggest meal at noon and always a light evening meal. Lots of great suggestions and insights. Much appreciated!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I eat around 250 calories for breakfast, which can be when I just get up, or after my walk/run, depending on what time the sun comes up.

I have about 300 calories for lunch, and save the rest of my calories for my evening meal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I'll skip breakfast daily with possible exception on Sundays. I usually eat after 12pm and eat up to 11:30pm. Just make sure that I don't exceed my calories needed for the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast due to some medication I'm on but otherwise wouldn't. I actually find it often makes me feel a little queasy if I eat too soon after getting up although I don't know why?! As long as it doesn't make you snack more later then go for it (or don't I guess would be more appropriate!)
  • sweetcaroline109
    sweetcaroline109 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I need to eat something, so it's generally a piece of fruit. I've found that no matter how much I eat, I'm usually hungry by 9 (I get up at 5). I'd rather just save calories for later, when I know I'm more likely to feel deprived and binge
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My job takes a lot of energy and physical effort, so no I don't skip meals. However my activity level allows me a generous calorie allowance so I don't find it too difficult to enjoy pretty much anything I want(carefully weighed and fit into my calorie budget of course). If I know I will want a higher calorie snack in the evening I generally just go with a lower cal dinner since that is usually a high calorie meal for me(800-1000 calories).