Replies

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What inspiring results everyone!!!
  • KatieNicole95
    KatieNicole95 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @Cutemesoon did you do any special diet or just count calories? Did you add in a lot of exercise? You look great!
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    No special diet. Just calorie counting and LOTS of exercise. I have to admit that I didn't do things properly in the beginning. Low or no fat items don't equal things that are good for you. I was still eating too much processed food. I also wish I started weight training immediately. Thanks. You're looking pretty good yourself!
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Everyone is amazing and such. Keep up the great work and keep sharing. People like you gives me a reason to believe that it can be done
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I love this! I remember you from my first try at MFP in January 2014. I have struggled and been on again off again since that time. It's so inspiring to see your losses and even more inspiring to see what you've maintained! Congrats! I'm starting my journey again and 10lbs down so far. Maintenance is the hardest part for me too!
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I found some tips from @liftheavyeatbacon (instagram handle) who lost lots of weight. She makes GREAT points.

A few tips if you’re just getting started:
    1. Do your research. Weight loss isn’t cookie cutter. What works for me might not work for you. Trial and error.
    2. Don’t compare your Chapter 1 to my Chapter 5. There’s been a lot of blood, sweat, injuries and LOTS of tears in 5 years. I’ve shown most of it.
    3. Nothing will work if you’re not consistent. Give things a try, stay consistent and after 4 weeks, if it’s not working, switch it up.
    4. Find a plan that has a good mix of weights and cardio.
    5. Caloric Deficit! Research!
    6. Set a realistic date to reach short and long term goals. Reward yourself along the way.
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WOW! You guys are all amazing! I have spent years and have been up and down.. Very motivational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!