Headphone use while working out

Options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85lZVX4qZ2A these are the ones I am looking at. Just wanted to find out what people are using. I am training for a triathlon and need something that can get wet on the bike with sweat and rain and the same during the run. I want something wireless if I can find something reliable. Tell me what you use and what you think of them.

Replies

• JScottBldrs
    JScottBldrs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have been using the jaybird wireless for a year or so and I am very pleased with them. I almost bought another pair of headphones and while doing research I came across the KANOA brand. They are not in production yet but soon. The only problem I have with any headphones in the gym is sweat makes them come loose in your ear. With the KANOA brand if they come loose there is nothing attached that will keep it from falling out onto the ground at least with the Jaybirds if it comes out it is still attached to the cord going to the other ear and you just pop it back in. I looked at the wireless Beats with the ear clips but the reviews are not that good. I would be interested in how KANOA's perform when it's 95 degrees outside and your whole head and ears are dripping with sweat
    http://www.jaybirdsport.com/x2-bluetooth-headphones/
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of Kanoa but I will be checking them out when I need headphones in the future. I also have the Jaybird Bluebud X (the original version). I found that replacing the tips with Comply Foam tips makes them stay in my ear no matter how much I sweat. They also survived many runs in the rain. Expensive but worth it, IMO.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I have problems keeping earbuds in my ears, especially when I start to sweat. I feel like those would just fall out and never be found again.
  • ramskermfc
    ramskermfc Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have tried a few different BT headsets. Recently have been using the Oduo CR15, which has pretty nice sound, decent battery life (so far) and comfortable hooks to keep them on my ears. They aren't going anywhere when you have them on. Cord between them is a little longer than I'd prefer but it was pretty easily fixable. The other pair I have are the Avantree Super Bass. They are pretty good as well. No hooks for the ears, but haven't had any trouble with them falling out at all. They seem to stay in pretty good on their own.

I tend to not want to spend a ton on those kinds of things, so these ones are pretty nice for lower budget if that's a concern.
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I use plantronics backbeat. For the life of me I can't figure out why these headphones aren't more well known they are perfect imo. They don't tighten in your ear like jaybirds (which to me is uncomfortable), they are so lightweight you barely know your wearing them, and sound quality and battery life are very respectable. I've tried all the big brands and returned them all because they don't compare to my backbeats