looking for friends over 40

Options
I'm looking for friends over 40 as I feel we share unique issues related to weight loss. I am pretty good about logging food but I need motivation in the exercising department.
Lets help each other out.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 42 but am finally in better shape than when I was in college. Add me!
  • simply_cidalia
    simply_cidalia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me up! I'm 42.

Also struggling with the whole exercise thing (definitely can't afford a gym membership, busy working mom, small house so can't do big equipment, and usually kids and dog are underfoot. The cold winters don't help either...I hate the cold). But...I have to find a way.
  • NastyOgre
    NastyOgre Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Toss me into the mix as well. I'm 43 and just starting out. I've been self motivating to get up off the couch more and start eating better.
  • Brenda1301
    Brenda1301 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 42 as well... seems like the common age! I hate logging food, but it has seriously helped me!

• Doc0862
    Doc0862 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OK old geezer here 53 but I have tripled my exercise since i started on here and still have 94 pounds to go. Add me if you want to, glad to help any way possible.
  • cmbarbato71
    cmbarbato71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 almost 45 and in the same boat. I've been doing really well with staying under my calories goals but can't seem to get motivated for exercise. Feel free to add me and maybe we can motivate each other.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    WAVES ... HI Add me too
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    hi im 44 and from the UK ....add away :)
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I will be 42 next month - feel free to add me.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and over the past year have been able to increase my exercise by over 60%. I've been able to do it by standing & walking more at work (I shoot for 500 steps each hour, used to sit for the better part of 9 hrs a day), ballroom dancing with my SO, and adjusting my sleep schedule to allow for a walk before walk in the morning. At this time of year in NE Ohio it's more like shoveling snow before work, but exercise is exercise. I've also gotten into the habit of things like pacing while I am on the phone with SO on evenings when we don't get to see each other. That can sometimes be an extra hour of steps a day, albeit at a slow pace. I've also been known to get up and do dance practice during tv commercials. My friends with kids have taken my habit & turned it into the occasional spontaneous dance part turn on your favorite tunes every once in a while & just rock out *_*.

You can add me if you'd like.
  • g8pcw
    g8pcw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and in the UK. Please feel free to add me; I've just started to get back into being healthy again so could do with some friends on here myself!
  • Lmck13
    Lmck13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    47 here from Canada and also need exercise motivation! Anyone can add me if you want support!
  • Bel4Moza
    Bel4Moza Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 (nearly 44) live in Australia and have many medical issues that have gone against me in context of weight loss (worked well for weight gain though!). I have managed to find 50kgs (110 pounds) over the last 20 years... partly due to being 'happily' married but also due to fractured back (which limits the housework/bending/repetitive movement that I can do) along with arthritis in the joints (especially ankles which makes walking a 'dream') and the wonderful Graves Disease (thyroid disorder). But I keep smiling... sometimes with a very pained look!!! :neutral:
    My weight loss journey started at the end of October when I decided enough was enough and I have managed to lose 25 pounds since then.
    My main issue is the movement... or lack thereof!
    I have worked at getting my steps to 10,000 per day but just need to do more to keep the momentum happening as I have hit a bit of a plateau. So any form of encouragement would be welcome. :)
  • MRSLJ1975
    MRSLJ1975 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    40 !!!
  • dspitler01
    dspitler01 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Add me too, I just started and have no idea how to add friends!! Please add me I'm 51 yrs old!
  • Loser_53
    Loser_53 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am soon to be 53 and the weight just doesn't come off like it use to. I sure could use some friends and some motivation. Everybody feel free to add me! We can do this together!
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    42 here, from Northern Ontario. I've never been very active on these boards, and I'm looking to change that. :) Anyone is free to add me! Let's get this done together!
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and I need to lose about 80 pounds. I'm pre-diabetic and also have high blood pressure. Hoping a healthier lifestyle will change all that. I'm committed to making major changes in my life. I'd like to have some inspirational friends. Add me anyone.
  • arhoney
    arhoney Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As much as I don't want to admit my age, I'm still in this club. I'm just not saying aloud. feel free to add me as a friend. I'm looking to lose 100lbs. Its gonna happen because I said so and my actions are following. :-)
  • ado4me
    ado4me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to add me. I am 46 and really struggling. Could use the motivation. I am just the opposite. I love working out. It is the food part that I have problems with. Boy do I love my sweets!