What did you give up for Lent

Options

Replies

• MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Cursing, but I've screwed up a dozen times already!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    This year I gave up shopping... I am hoping by Easter, shopping will be more fun! Last year I gave up elevators.
  • billbraskey
    billbraskey Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    lent
  • LadyValacri
    LadyValacri Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugar for Lent! This probably won't end well but I'm going to try my best!
  • SassyRN_77
    SassyRN_77 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr pepper:////
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what the difference is to give up something during lent vs any other time of the year.
  • 46carmen
    46carmen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Each year my family stop eating pork and beef. In addition, I'm giving up bread.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    sith78 wrote: »
    I don't understand what the difference is to give up something during lent vs any other time of the year.

The reasons are religious and we aren't allowed to discuss it on open threads at MFP. Lent is a religious Christian observance. The other Lent thread was closed down when the atheists showed up to make fun of it in general. Hopefully this won't happen on this thread.

Exactly this.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    McDonald's. I don't need it anyway now since I'm eating better. Maybe I should add something else.
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    last year, I gave up coffee and beer. That was rough. This year, I've chosen not to give up anything but to commit to reading devotions 2x a week.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    last year, I gave up coffee and beer. That was rough. This year, I've chosen not to give up anything but to commit to reading devotions 2x a week.

This is also a good one.
    I have had an issue lately with keeping up with my novenas. I will make it one or two days and then slack off. This would be a great way to remind myself to keep on with it
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It wasn't for Lent but I gave up bread this past week. I've already noticed a difference. I feel lighter!
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

This is also a good one.
    I have had an issue lately with keeping up with my novenas. I will make it one or two days and then slack off. This would be a great way to remind myself to keep on with it

I hope it works!
  • Angelinarosa74
    Angelinarosa74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I gave up Facebook, no meat on Fridays and I am praying my rosary every day :)
  • xoxlucymxox
    xoxlucymxox Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    This year I gave up shopping... I am hoping by Easter, shopping will be more fun! Last year I gave up elevators.
    Elevators is a really good one I would have never thought about giving up elevators
  • xoxlucymxox
    xoxlucymxox Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im Giving up chocolate
  • laura7403
    laura7403 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up anything either, Instead I'm trying to improve myself all around
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sugary food and drinks and coffee because I would add sugar to it.
  • galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Sugar of all types. I'm a walking grump all day
  • pixlikesitcrazy
    pixlikesitcrazy Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Crack and hookers