Always trying to get stronger and bigger but stay lean at the same time. Failing.

Options
I've known what my problem is for the longest time. I want to get stronger and put on mass but im afraid to eat the amount of food it takes to do so. I need about 4k calories a day to make gains in the gym but after about a month of that i start to lose my leanness and just wanna cut again cause im afraid of the gut that comes with a calorie surplus. Ive been in the gym regularly for the past 2.5 years and my lifting numbers are not as good as id like them to be, squat, bench and deadlift haven't gone up in about half a year so i finally wanna commit to a bulk . Feels good just to put out in the open and admit it.

Replies

• allenalrayes21
    allenalrayes21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to bulk at all, but there are ways around that gut. I have followed two great, natural bodybuilders for about a year and a half now, Matt Ogus and Chris Lovado. Both bulk and cut accordingly, but manage to keep many cuts. Granted they fill up a bit but thats just how its going to be. Increase your calorie count especially your carbs and proteins and try changing around your workouts for more of an emphasis on strength. You got this!