ADD/ADHD

Options
summerkissed
summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
Is there any support groups for people with ADD/ADHD on MFP? I need help finding balance instead of being obsessed or completely unmotivated? I want to recomp but have not been able to even after 7 years of training it's either all or none......anyone with this condition would understand my problem! I need help that's wired to our way of thinking it's very hard to explain if you haven't lived with this condition all your life!
Ps I'm not medicated and I don't wish to go back down that track, I love the person I am and my personality meds changed me too much :(

There has to be a way!!!

Help please!!!

Replies

• hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Exercise is actually pretty helpful for ADHD. You just gotta go do it, don't over think it. If you haven't already cognitive behavioral therapy can be useful in modifying behavior. Good luck!
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yep i have adhd and working out been big help to me

• AlexCarr07
    AlexCarr07 Posts: 114 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have it, never been medicated. Procrastination is a B****. But I've found with friend support, once I get started I'm good, then I'm addicted to keep going. I joined WW years ago and was steady in the gym 2 hours a day logging everything in the app with a steady weight loss of at least 4 lbs a week I lost 60 lbs in only a few months. Then I got bored when friends dropped out of the group (as we easily get bored quick)but managed to keep the weight off for a year and a half and slowly started gaining back. I was in denial and back up over 20 lbs before I had the motivation to start working out again (Just started end of last year). We can lose weight you just need support and to focus on a goal!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Is there any support groups for people with ADD/ADHD on MFP? I need help finding balance instead of being obsessed or completely unmotivated? I want to recomp but have not been able to even after 7 years of training it's either all or none......anyone with this condition would understand my problem! I need help that's wired to our way of thinking it's very hard to explain if you haven't lived with this condition all your life!
    Ps I'm not medicated and I don't wish to go back down that track, I love the person I am and my personality meds changed me too much :(

There has to be a way!!!

Help please!!!

I have ADD and am on meds (I very much prefer my medicated brain to my unmedicated brain).

If it's all or none, go with all. If anything, hyperfocus is a bonus for recomp, as (from what I understand) recomp is an all-or-none thing. Might as well dedicate to it.
  • summerkissed
    Options
    Sorry don't use MFP on weekends.....4 kids and I work weekends!!!
    I can get so dedicated to the point I've done 4 figure comps but the second the comps are over I go the other way! Just before Christmas I got back on the wagon got to my goal weight and fairly low fat as soon as Christmas hit and kids home I lost my way again....7 weeks later and I'm triying to get back into it but it seems like a chore! So now I'm back getting to my goal weight again and then try to recomp again
  • summerkissed
    Options
    I've found a group but it looks like it's not used
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/9332-the-add-adhd-group
    I've joined and made a post perhaps we could get it going again and use for a bit of support
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Pretty much known that I had ADHD for years (my son is more severe), but finally this year went through the battery of tests/surveys to confirm, start medication and start coaching. It has been great so far. Of course it was not that I wasn't motivated before...just other things took my attention.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Add, inattentive type here. Currently medicated. Add me!
  • anth3122
    anth3122 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Definitely experiencing the all or none part , lately been on the "none" side of that equation, and looking to change that.. Glad I found this group, definitely nice to see people with the same challenges as me. :)
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I just started a group for people with ADHD, hopefully it will grow into a good support network where people can safely share their stories, and challenges. I posted the link and will be working on adding more to the page over time.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113865-living-with-adhd