Options
lisa9805
lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
anyone else watch this show for motivation? I get really inspired

Replies

• nursecandy75
    nursecandy75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do and love it....hope to see a female trainer do it soon.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it. I get the concept but it just annoyed me.
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I know this is an older post, but I love this show for a multitude of reasons. The last few people have let me know that a lot of this struggle is mental. The first two people blew me away with their results!
  • Splenda_Daddy
    Splenda_Daddy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I watched it..
    The first half always makes me hungry.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I watched it..loved it..then quickly became disgusted by the whole concept of what they are doing to their bodies on purpose. And yup, I was running up to the kitchen fairly quickly :D
  • lisa9805
    Options
    yeah watching them eat all those yummy bad foods makes me hungry but looking at what it does to the PTs body is gross and a turn off.
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This started airing right after I decided it was time to lose weight. It definitely motivates me! I can't wait for a female trainer as well. Will be watching tonight :)
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This show is crazy. One trainer's blood pressure went up to like 180/120.

I wonder how much they get paid. I know they're paying for their food and medical supervision, but there has to be more incentive if they're gonna risk a fatty liver or cardiac arrest. I'd do it for $200,000 minimum.

• hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I plan to watch this. Seems interesting
  • aimytye187
    aimytye187 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It is such a good show... And I can relate to a lot to what the clients and personal trainer say about how their self-confidence and how they view the world when they're "fat"... It's so motivational... But yes the first half makes me hungry!!!!
  • lisa9805
    Options
    see in most of the PT cases they have never been heavy. they have ate healthy and have been in pretty good shape. i think i only saw one that had been overweight in the past. they have views in the beg that its not hard to loose weight, just eat better and move. for some that have alot to loose it is difficult. only when they become overweight and have to attempt a weight loss do they see its not all that simple. they feel what its like to be heavy and how it really affects your life.
  • sharlaaisha
    sharlaaisha Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have just seen this post decided to research the program and what do you know!!!! I'm now watching it 'looks really good so far'. Only into the first 6 minutes lol... Thanks for letting us know about the show, this will help me focus even more...
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    I think when they go from fit to fat they should have to remain fat for at least a year..........that might make it harder to rediscover their routine from when they were fit
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I actually think it's interesting, and a different attempt at getting into the head of another person and their struggle. Though it's obviously not the same for the two people, the physical part of losing weight is. And I think the trainers at least get a glimpse of how heavier people feel.

Some on the below thread seemed to think it was much less interesting....

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10319317/did-anyone-watch-the-show-fit-to-fat-to-fit
  • kimberlee_45
    kimberlee_45 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Even though it so dangerous to go from fit to extremely fat like that, I think the concept is awesome for people who have really never understood the challenge of being obese. It is a mental illness and the show I think, helps those that don't understand, relate to those of us that struggle with that life everyday.
  • kimberlee_45
    kimberlee_45 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I actually think it's interesting, and a different attempt at getting into the head of another person and their struggle. Though it's obviously not the same for the two people, the physical part of losing weight is. And I think the trainers at least get a glimpse of how heavier people feel.

Some on the below thread seemed to think it was much less interesting....

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10319317/did-anyone-watch-the-show-fit-to-fat-to-fit[/quote

I agree!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    may have to look this up. i'd be really paranoid getting so fit then gaining all that weight only to loose it again
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I love it. I went to school with the first trainer JJ and his wife. They are cool people, and I know one of the gals who will be coming up on March 3rd(Kenlee) episode. It is cool to see how it has transformed lives from both sides, and like you, it totally motivates me.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Something else I saw as very interesting....

In at least a couple of the shows the trainers actually enjoyed the lack of discipline with eating more, and at least one even said it would be easier to not obsess about his fitness. A couple of them mentioned how it was a positive thing on their social lives being able to go out and party (and eat) with friends. But I think in both cases I remember, it was a love/hate type thing. They resented the lower energy levels and what it was doing to their bodies, yet enjoyed some of the aspects.

I'd be interested to know how it impacts both the trainers and the clients long term. It seems to me like both sides stand to learn quite a bit about how the "other half" lives, both the positive and the negative.
  • Beautifulreflections
    Options
    I just saw an episode this weekend for the first time. I'd never watched it before but I had seen commercials for it.

I think it gives the trainers a more in depth perspective on how their clients feel AND when they workout WITH the client to lose similar amounts of weight it changes the dynamic of the work outs. I agree with an above poster that its a short span of time and way easier to go back to good eating/exercising habits than their client who has likely spent most of their life overeating and under-exercising. The trainers probably won't feel the same body pains or joint aches but a change that dramatic for someone who isn't used to it in such a short amount of time has to be its own kind of hell.

After watching the one episode this weekend I made myself push through battle ropes jumping jacks (which I will normally modify and do something else because I hate them) by telling myself "your mind wants to quit, not your body. If people who are 80 lbs overweight can do jumping jacks, you have no excuse."