Quest Peanut butter cups?

Options
Has anyone tried these, do they taste good? I know they're not going to be as good as Reeses PB cups, but was wondering how they compare.
I wanted some reviews from people who have tried them before i buy them.

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    IMO they are not worth eating. They have a strong artificial sweetener taste, the "chocolate" tastes awful, and the texture is very chalky.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    IMO they are not worth eating. They have a strong artificial sweetener taste, the "chocolate" tastes awful, and the texture is very chalky.

Oh dear. I wish i could buy them singularly here, but it's a whole box or nothing :(
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I really like them - think they're like marmite in that you'll have people saying they're really nice/disgusting. Can't you buy one online to sample?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    David_2015 wrote: »
    I really like them - think they're like marmite in that you'll have people saying they're really nice/disgusting. Can't you buy one online to sample?

I'm in Australia. Haven't been able to find anyone that does samples. I've only seen them online, not in stores.

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yea they are pretty bad. Quest has alot of great products but they missed the mark on the PB cups. Like the poster above said they are very chalky and the texture is odd.
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really like them!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I didn't like them. A bit chalky. I think you should just try though. I remember when I finally tried some things people always bashed and poo-pooed on this site and I LOVED them.
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've tried them. I thought they were awful. :( I really like Quest and wanted to like these, too. Don't bother. Let me give you an alternative - Chocorite has a peanut butter chocolate bar that's not bad (for no sugar, that is) and less calories than the Quest pb cups, too.

Edit to clarify - I'm not talking about their pb protein bar - this is a milk chocolate and peanut butter candy bar. ;) I see it's on Amazon, and I got it at Meijer.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Did not like. Tasted weird and the chocolate was almost chalky.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Texture is very weird but the taste was ok I guess.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That sweetener tastes gets to me and many others. Stevia. If you like it ok, if not stay away.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Why not just make your own protein chocolate peanut butter cups?
    https://theproteinchef.co/the-best-bodybuilding-protein-peanut-butter-cups-recipe/
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I tried these once last year. My opinion is that they made me think of somebody sucking all of the liquid out of my mouth and then spreading my tongue with peanut butter mixed with chalk. Terrible.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    stmokomoko wrote: »
    Did not like. Tasted weird and the chocolate was almost chalky.

yes! they taste chalky to me... not worth it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,616 Member
    Options
    Does Quest ship to Australia? (That's where you are, right?) Maybe they'll send it as a free sample. Or maybe someone on ebay is selling one or two packages at a time. When I was looking to buy those Milky Way Crispy roll thingies, it was the same thing. Could end up a little expensive but it's better than buying a whole box, hating them, and then knowing you wasted more money on something that you keep not wanting to finish.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I personally love them, although they are completely different from Reese's obviously and deserve their own category.
    The chocolate is very dark, bitter, and crumbly. The peanut butter is dry and reminds me of powdered peanut butter almost. When you reach the peanut butter portion it kind of sticks to the roof of your mouth but I actually really enjoy the whole experience and texture of the stuff. There's also more of a saltiness in the chocolate and I personally think it's a cool experience. Does it satisfy my Reese's craving? No. But it certainly satisfies my craving for a sweet and unique chocolate treat!
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    They are the only Quest Bar I eat. They are drier so make sure you have water near but overall I like them. I had s Reese's PB Cup a couple days ago and thought I was going to gag.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    the PB is really chalky and its super fake sugary. I LOVE Justin's peanut butter cups- because the pb is really creamy- and they make mini's now that are only 70 cals..mmmm...
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Lol thanks for all of your replies, I'll stay on the hunt for a sample pack, and I'll go check out that recipe now @auddii :smiley:
  • Christine_72
    Options
    That recipe looks good, and easy :lol::+1: Not sure about the chick peas though???