Bluetooth headphones that don't go into the ear channel?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a suggestion for some wireless sports headsets.
I have some wired earphones I like a lot. They go in the ear, but they are kind of solid with a foam cover and don't go in very deep. Does anyone know where I could find earphones like that, but with bluetooth?

I am not looking for ones that have some rubber/silicon ear tips that really enter the ear channel - I've tried various pairs of those (also in different sizes), but I just can't cope with them. It seems all bluetooth headphones are either that style, or very big and cover the entire ear, which I don't like for running / working out.

Here's a picture to show what I mean, since I'm not sure my explanation became clear:
zg63aty08suo.jpg

If anyone knows of wireless sports headphones with ear tips like that, I would greatly appreciate it if you tell me about it :)

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Jabra sports. Don't go in deep (no giggity). $40 on amazon.
  • ramskermfc
    ramskermfc Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The Jabra's mentioned above are one option. Another might be the MEE audio Air-Fi Journey, also on Amazon. I have both. The Jabra's were the first bluetooth set I tried and they were ok. The reviews are hit & miss. Some people had good luck but many others had issues. I got about 2 years out of mine before they started to have sound issues and so I went another direction.

The MEE's are ok--pretty inexpensive. The ear piece is more like the Apple ear buds. Sound is ok--I mostly like them because the cord design is hard/springy and does't stick to your neck when your head moves, which can be an annoying issue with wireless headphones.

I have another pair that I like, but they have the in-ear design that OP is not wanting to use. Check out Amazon as a start and you can find all sorts of options and designs and can read the reviews.
  • Dibbsa
    Dibbsa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've just bought a pair of Coulax 2.0 for about £24 and they are excellent, I've been out running and everything with them quite comfortably. They have a different earpiece to that one, which I can't wear as I have small ears and wear hearing aids too!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for your replies! :)
    I've already spent a lot of time clicking through amazon before asking here - I had no idea what search term to enter to get the kind I want, and I've literaly looked at a thousand product photos to see if I could find any with that ear piece design, but without success, all of them turned out to be those in-ear things. Might also be that at one point my eyes started crossing over and I missed the only two in there that fit what I'm looking for!

The Jabras and the MEEs look good. I like the shape of the Jabra a bit better, but the reviews are really rather mixed, seems like you need to luck out to get a pair that works well for a longer amount of time. And a lot of people write the battery only lasts two hours... I guess I'll have to think a bit more about which of those two sounds more promising.

Unless somebody else has another suggestion?
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Plantronics backbeat fit, they only go into your ear Channel a little but they will stay in place and are so lightweight that you don't realize you have them on. I've literally bought like 4 other pairs of Bluetooth headphones (including the highly praised jaybirds x2) as backups for travel and ended up returning them all because nothing compares to the feel and quality of my backbeats.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Try the kinivo bth240 it's like 23bucks I love them
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Jabra sports. Don't go in deep (no giggity). $40 on amazon.

Haha
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I use Aftershokz Bluez blue tooth headset, it works by sending vibrations via bone contusion. The headsets sits around the back of your head & the earpiece actually sits over your ear leaving your ears completely free with nothing in them. They're lightweight, portable, sweat proof & I feel safer because I'm free to hear surrounding noises which is perfect for running outside. Cost is around $100 can be ordered on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=aftershokz+headphones&tag=h0a61-20&index=aps&hvadid=94821374608&hvpos=1t3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5477249942214013349&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=m&ref=pd_sl_6c41gzurys_b
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Try the kinivo bth240 it's like 23bucks I love them

Second this.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Some of those headphone sound really good, thank you for the suggestions!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I also use Jabra Sports. It comes with a large variety of buds so you can pick whichever suits you best. I also like that the part which connects the buds is made of flexible rubber with a small attachable piece that lets you tighten it to prevent it from bouncing on your neck. Sound quality is amazing for the price. The only downside is that they don't last as long as some of the other headsets so you may need to consider something else if your workouts are longer than 3 or so hours like long hiking trips.
  • Melzine
    Melzine Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Lol same problem here! Gee don't they know are ears or not shape like that and hell those things hurt what was iPhone thinking sending me that crap