Who's Working Out Tonight? Everybody!

Options
If you're like me, you need some motivation to drag yourself to the gym after a day at work.

I'm going to run a couple miles and lift. How about you??

Replies

• Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I ran this morning and am going to Zumba tonight. :)
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! Get some!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Today is a run day...I do it at lunch. I lift in the evenings on Tues/Thurs and Sat mornings. I love to lift, so I have no problems getting to the gym...certainly am not dragging myself there...more like you have to drag me out of there and hold me back from over-training.
  • Amy4President
    Options
    I'm bored with my lifting routine and so are my muscles. Any favorites I could incorporate?
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Usually I work out first thing in the morning...I could not get myself up this morning. Had nightmares all night and didn't get to sleep until really late...

SO, it's on to the gym after work. 1/2 hour cardio, then 1/2 hour of pilates.
  • Amy4President
    Options
    Usually I work out first thing in the morning...I could not get myself up this morning. Had nightmares all night and didn't get to sleep until really late...

SO, it's on to the gym after work. 1/2 hour cardio, then 1/2 hour of pilates.

YAY! (except for the nightmare part). :tongue:
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options

I have Zumba tonight as well! Can't wait!

I'm also meeting a friend at the gym this afternoon and will work on my C25K program. This is the first time ever, I believe, that I have worked out, twice in one day!! I'm super excited but freaked out that it will be way too much for me. Hoping for the best! :drinker:
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i lift in the morning and then run in the evenings.
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have my combat fitness class tonight which always kicks my butt!
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I usually work out for an hour in the morning before work, except for Saturdays (1.5 hrs) and Sunday is rest day... only did 30 mins but I plan to change it up a bit this July... so I plan on working out for an hour after work... if I'm up to it maybe more!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I already worked out this morning. If I don't get it out of the way first thing, there's a better than average chance that it won't happen.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm bored with my lifting routine and so are my muscles. Any favorites I could incorporate?

You should be doing an actual lifting program that is intelligently progressive. If you're just lifting the same weight, yes...that would be boring and your muscles would cease to have a training response to that stimuli and really, it's just a waste of time for the most part.

Do a progressive program where you're consistently overloading to gain strength and provide your muscles with something to respond to. Look at programs like New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, Strong Lifts 5x5, etc. Those are all excellent beginner weight training programs.
  • eggyeaster13
    eggyeaster13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have my first Pilates class in a couple of hours, I'm pretty nervous as I have never taken a class before. I am hoping to start kettlebells and spinning classes next week!
  • Amy4President
    Options
    I have my first Pilates class in a couple of hours, I'm pretty nervous as I have never taken a class before. I am hoping to start kettlebells and spinning classes next week!

I know a lot of people who like Kettlebells and Pilates. I'm sure you'll like it too!
  • Amy4President
    Options

You should be doing an actual lifting program that is intelligently progressive. If you're just lifting the same weight, yes...that would be boring and your muscles would cease to have a training response to that stimuli and really, it's just a waste of time for the most part.

Do a progressive program where you're consistently overloading to gain strength and provide your muscles with something to respond to. Look at programs like New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, Strong Lifts 5x5, etc. Those are all excellent beginner weight training programs.

Thanks! I'll look into it!
  • TwinMom422
    TwinMom422 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Starting shred, then run tonight.
  • Amy4President
    Options
    Awesome job to everyone who has already burned today! I'm generally useless in the morning. I screwed up making coffee this morning... twice.
  • Amy4President
    Options
    Let me know how you like Shred! Always looking for ways to switch things up!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options

I have Zumba tonight as well! Can't wait!

I'm also meeting a friend at the gym this afternoon and will work on my C25K program. This is the first time ever, I believe, that I have worked out, twice in one day!! I'm super excited but freaked out that it will be way too much for me. Hoping for the best! :drinker:

Me three for zumba after 3 LOOONG weeks of the instructor being gone!! before that going to go on the treadmill and some strength training :)
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've got a personal training session tonight at 6, woot woot!