For Real This Time

Options
So once I hit 200+ (something I promised myself I never would do), I got really sad, angry, and hopeless. I've refused to step on a scale again until this morning, when I realized ignoring my weight not only didn't help, but was making it worse. So I clocked in at 216.8 this morning, the heaviest I've been. And I promise now, the heaviest I will be. Healthy living starts now.

Looking for friends to help me on this ride! Feel free to add me or share your own experiences.

Blargh.

Replies

• eimichan
    eimichan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere, and you're starting now. It's a difficult journey, sometimes with setbacks and despair, but also filled with hope, determination, and motivation. Don't judge yourself for being where you're at. Try to accept it and focus on the future: a healthier you!
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Don't be hard on yourself. I hope that this is a true wake up call, and whatever your motivation to lose weight may be - it will require consistency and discipline. Also, everything in moderation. Don't deprive yourself of certain foods or label them as "bad." Change your relationship with food and understand that food is fuel for your body. It'll be a tough road but the results will be so rewarding. Good luck on your journey!