Have you ever retroactively decided you were bulking?

Options
2»

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I accidentally gained a few pounds over the holidays as I had injuries & a surgery requiring weeks of rest right at the same time as the feasting holidays :neutral: The weight does not seem to want to drop as I was expecting it to, instead I seem to be getting leaner but not lighter? This is not normal for me, but as my waist is the same size, I have become stronger and my jeans seem to be fitting again, I think that what happened was an inadvertent bulk/cut cycle or rest-restore-fatten/cut cycle.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Of course! What's the fun of it if you can't call it a bulk when you feel like it? ;)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I've managed to gain 2lbs whilst training for a half - obviously this is ALL muscle weight that has gone directly to my legs and bum, and has nothing at all to do with a lack of self restraint around ice cream and a more pronounced roundness of the tummy. NOTHING AT ALL.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Totally! If I gain weight I start doing a lot of heavy squats so at least it goes to my butt. :D
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I like your logic, @Lena1967 !
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes, recently I gained 10 pounds over about 4 months with little change in activities or foods I ate daily (actually I went on a stupid shake program that screwed up my macros & metabolism). But, during that time I did a a lot of back squat programming and the famed 20 rep back squat program (which is classic hypertrophy program). Since Christmas, I've been slowly cutting and am now within a 3 or 4 pounds of where I want to be in my powerlifting meet next week so I'll be doing a water cut for the rest to make weight. Being heavier has allowed me to move a lot heavier weight and all in all I think this was a good thing! I was at 265# back squat before I started gaining and I expect to hit 300# any day now.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Yes, recently I gained 10 pounds over about 4 months with little change in activities or foods I ate daily (actually I went on a stupid shake program that screwed up my macros & metabolism). But, during that time I did a a lot of back squat programming and the famed 20 rep back squat program (which is classic hypertrophy program). Since Christmas, I've been slowly cutting and am now within a 3 or 4 pounds of where I want to be in my powerlifting meet next week so I'll be doing a water cut for the rest to make weight. Being heavier has allowed me to move a lot heavier weight and all in all I think this was a good thing! I was at 265# back squat before I started gaining and I expect to hit 300# any day now.

Nice work on the squats!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've 'bulked' a lot lately, LOL.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    yup i have "bulked" this year.............totally...planned......yeah...

:(;)