Blenders!

Options
chunky_pinup
chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
Our 4th (yes, 4th) Vitamix has just died. Their customer service has replaced the first three, but I have lost hope of this ever being the blender for our family. Between two people (and a baby we make food for), the blender gets used approx. 6-8 times a day. My husband puts frozen fruit in his shakes he makes, so we are looking for one durable enough to withstand a LOT of use each day, that we can do hot/cold/frozen/anything in.

What is YOUR favorite blender?

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet. Happy with hot / cold / nut / ice cubes etc. I love mine.
  • swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet! We had one at work and we made smoothies all the time and I decided to buy my own. I use frozen fruit in it all the time and it also grinds things down nicely including things like flax seed, oats, etc while in your smoothie. You don't notice them in the texture which was a huge thing for me!

The basic one comes with two small cups that you can use for the baby food if you don't want to make a huge amount but also with a big cup. The nice thing about the cups is you can use the small one to make a smoothie for a meal or a small one for a "side". It also comes with two different types of blades. I've had mine for a year now and no problems. But if your blades to get dull (which any blade will get dull no matter what) you can buy replacements for that part instead of buying a whole new blender.

I've had multiple blenders as well and was hesitant to buy this higher priced one, so getting to use it at work helped me to make that commitment.

Bed Bath and Beyond has them for a decent price and if you sign up for their email list you can get 20% off all the time in-store and online!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/magicbullet-reg-nutribullet-reg-pro-900-series/3253417?Keyword=nutribullet
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Nutribullet here too
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Go to one of those smoothie shops and see what brand they use. Those are probably super durable.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Ninja...LOVE it.

And 6-8 times a day?!?! Wow!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My Breville is 7 years old and still going strong. Gets used about 3 times a week, more now that my husband is using it to make protein smoothies. (I didn't know he knew we even had a blender...)
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    dotti1121 wrote: »
    Ninja...LOVE it.

And 6-8 times a day?!?! Wow!

Yes, my husband uses it very frequently for shakes/smoothies. Then, I will puree whatever I make for dinner in there also for my baby to eat, and then I make fresh hummus for my sandwiches/salads/snacks in it nightly for the next day.

We killed many nutribullets in very short amounts of time, so not too keen on those, but I'll take a look at the others. thanks!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    If you are killing that many and using them so often, definitely look into what restaurants use. I know as a bartender I used the blender many times a night and don't remember it having to be replaced or even repaired over several months time.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You've been through FOUR Vitamix blenders? Wow. You do tend to use yours quite a bit though. I have a Vitamix and love it but I wonder if you should try out the Blendtec. That or buy a commercial Vitamix (I'm thinking it may stand up more to the heavy use than the regular household models). I'd talk to the Vitamix folks about it. Maybe you could get a deal on a refurbished one. Let us know what you end up doing :)

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You could try a Blendtec. I think mine has more horsepower than many of the Vitamix models.

But you already shelled out for a costly blender with a long warranty, I would let Vitamix keep replacing them. I do like the idea of explaining your issue to them. It does sound like you need a commercial one.

I burn through Blendtec jars about one per year or two but I don't follow all their tips for longer life. Don't put them in the dishwasher, spin the blade with your finger before running it if you don't run it daily, put 1c. liquid in first, etc.