workout clothes (women)

Options
What do you prefer to wear while working out? What's the best option for busty women?

Replies

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    For busty women, the sports bra is going to be your best friend - regardless of whether you lift, do cardio, or a mix of both. I would suggest doing some good homework and investing in a high-quality sports bra.

I have a Nike bra that was awesome for about six months. Now it's stretched out, so I need to look for a replacement soon.

I also like psuedo- short sleeved shirts. Even when it's a little cold, the shorter sleeves help keep the chest ventilated.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Sports bra with a tank top, t-shirt over that if it's a chilly, and running capris... well, pretty much what you see in my profile pic...
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Oh, god! Look at that belly in my profile pic! Guess it's time for a new photo, huh? Never, mind, don't look a that pic.
    Oh, for sports bras, Fila used to make one that pulled over and then zipped up the front that was awesome. Mine are wearing out now and don't fit so good anymore now that I've lost a few pounds. Victoria's Secret has one that looks similar, but I don't have $60 laying around to buy a bra.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Graceraeg wrote: »
    What do you prefer to wear while working out? What's the best option for busty women?

I can speak to the busty problem. Hands down, without a doubt, the best sports bra I ever bought was from Victoria's Secret. My girls don't move an inch when I'm working out, and I do a lot of moving and jumping around. Yes they're a bit pricey but it holds up better than my other sports bras I got from Target, Old Navy, or Kohl's.

As far as everything else, I prefer to work out in fitted capris and a tshirt or tank top. Kohl's has tons of workout clothes for very reasonable prices.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    A t-shirt of some kind and pajama bottoms. I hate wearing spandex or yoga pants, really anything snug or tight when I work out bothers me. I went to Target and found some gray pj bottoms that are super comfy, loose enough that I feel I can move freely in and have the drawstring waist so i can keep taking them in as i lost weight.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I usually wear "workout tops" (with the built-in shelf bra) and a regular sports bra with it. VS of course and Columbia brands are my favorite!
  • SexyGamerGal
    SexyGamerGal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I got high impact sports bras from old navy and love them. I haven't tried their maximum but it might be something to try in stores then jump up and down see if it works for you. It's always a high support bra and then my t-shirt/tank even if it has a built in bra. Then pants depending on the weather. I'll list some of the my favourite brands so far. I am very cheap so I look for affordable brands I could never afford a $70 bra or jacket atm tbh.

Some of my favourite cheap brands:
    Avia
    Danskin now

A bit more expensive
    Everlast.
    Old Navy
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Are they good quality???
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    I love the outfits at fabetics! Just ordered another sports bra and pullover today!

• tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm a double D and I have such an issue I Need a good sports bra .. I prefer champion and under armour I need padding and underwire. I can't have myself spilling out all over. I usually wear workout wear with spandex and tanks that breathe.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of good work out sports bras. I'm a DDD and don't want to spend stupid amount of money on them. I bought mine at K-mart. I also have dropped sizes and replacement cost is cheaper when you lose. Athletics makes a few that are well put together. make sure you have the crisscross in the back and wide straps.
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a D and love the VS Incredible and Knockout bras. They offer awesome support even if you do high impact stuff. In my opinion they are worth every penny.
  • mikaiten
    mikaiten Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38I (yeah, extra busty here) so I can't get a sports bra from anywhere but my favorite bra store, Change. They are expensive, but really good quality. As for the rest of my outfit, I wear a pair of loose spa/yoga pants and a long tank top with a thin t-shirt over top. I'm still new to the gym and I want to feel as comfortable as possible. It's all light enough to breathe, but covers everything I'm not willing to show. Comfort is key.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    So as a bustier woman I wear the underarmour sports bras. I love them! They have sizing like an actual bra - not just L, XL, etc. They are designed for high impact movement such as running or spinning or aerobics. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!

As for regular clothes, I know some women here have said they aren't big on form fitting and I can get a little self conscious too BUUUUUUT compression gear is like my end all be all. It sucks you right in and does not move. Once you've been sweating a bit (I know, gross but it happens) it will stick to you and be difficult to get off. It's awesome stuff . . . like awesome! I wear a mixture of old navy's compression stuff but I also really love my new balance, under armour and nike stuff too. It's definitely an investment but I believe you'll get your money's worth out of it if you don't want to jiggle when you move, so to speak. For reference, I am a 5K/training for a better 10K runner and I am 5'10 and 250lbs.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I know the OP is in the US, but for any UK lurking ladies, "Boobydoo" is pretty much the most awesome sports bra site around. https://www.boobydoo.co.uk/
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I like looser fitting cotton pants and t shirts or tank tops. I'm a simple gal. ;) I have the opposite of a big chest so I can't help you out on that one. I even occasionally work out bra less
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I like high waisted leggings with shorter/looser shirts. I hate when my underwear show when I squat, but I also hate wearing tight/stretchy shirts over my stomach. I have no boobs so I wear 5-10 dollar sports bras. I get the loose tops at H&M. The most recent batch I got were on sale for 1 dollar each.
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Can't speak to being busty at a 36B but the Victoria's Secret bras and workout pants are worth every penny. They hold up extremely well thru multiple washings and wear. Also have a lot of Old Navy workout gear and a few pair of leggings from the Walmart brand of athletic wear. More see thru than I'd like but they are like 4 years old.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    Inexpensive cotton leggings or pants (Walmart, mostly), and cotton gimme t-shirts. Most of the t-shirts are survivor shirts from breast cancer events - free is good. I'm still wearing the XL t-shirts, which are cavernous on a body 2/3 its previous size. Can you tell how appearance conscious I am (not)? ;-)

My bad knees don't like drafts, so I always wear long pants/leggings.

Can't help on the bra thing - post-breast-cancer, I very literally have no breasts at all, and cheerfully wear no bra. Didn't much need one before the surgery, either.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Not busty...so no bra tips. I generally just wear an underwire bra when i run and lift.

As for other clothes...tight yoga pants, leggings or capris and fitted cotton tanks. Always a tank...i sweat just thinking about running and by mile 3, sweat is literally running down my face and neck like a faucet that was left on, lol.
  • weightaminutenow
    weightaminutenow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am DD and have a real problem with "movement" shall we call it? I really need a sports bra that unzips or clasps IN FRONT as I have limited movement in one shoulder due to a past episode of frozen shoulder, and I'm now getting it in the other shoulder :( so can't do the calisthenics required to get in and especially out of the slip over kinds. Any suggestions ladies?