Smoothie recipes

Options
kgirlhart
kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
I'm looking for some new ideas for smoothies. What are your favorite smoothie recipes?

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Personally I like to add raw fruit and/or vegetables, water, ice, and dairy products.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I save odd inedible bits like kale stems and butternnut squash skins and the core from things like cabbage and cauliflower chopped up in a bag in the freezer. When I make a smoothie I'll toss in some of my "frozen fiber bits" for added fiber and color.
    My base is always ~ 2/3 cup water kefir + 1/4 cup lowfat kefir (for probiotics), then:

My go tos are to add
    * 1 apple, 2 celery sticks, some "fiber bits"
    * 100G frozen blueberries or mixed berries, fiber bits,
    * 1 cooked sweet potato (skin on) + 100 g frozen mango

If I have frozen or fresh kale, spinach, or other salad greens on hand, I'll usually add some of that, too.
  • yamahdi41
    yamahdi41 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like adding bananas and apples and strawberry and some oranges with honey and milk :)
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I recently started "alternate day fasting" and on my low-calorie fast days, I found smoothies make great quick, easy low-cal meals. I also discovered unsweetened almond milk to use as an ingredient, along with unsweetened Greek yogurt. Almost any kind of fruit works. Grapes and pears are quite tasty. I've use carrots, raw oatmeal, bran cereal, and zucchini too. (The oatmeal and bran in measured amounts!) Spices, like cinnamon and nutmeg add a little zip. I didn't think I would like them as I enjoy the oral pleasure of chewing my food. But I found that I really like smoothies as an addition to my diet plan. I am still experimenting with the options but there are a plethora of choices and combinations.
  • lilla1987
    lilla1987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I start every morning at 6am with this recipe and it keeps me going until my 1pm lunch:
    Two big handfuls of kale or spinach ( both are yummy)
    1 carrot
    1 Apple (not the seeds)
    I pear
    1 banana
    2 inches cucumber
    1 stick of celery
    1 tomato
    Table spoon of flaxseed
    6-8 almonds
    Small handful of goji berries
    Teaspoon of honey to taste
    Top up with water,blend and enjoy
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i find that i really like smoothie with really easy and as little ings as possible.
    I dont have smoothie that often though.
    Usually its 1 large frozen banana blend with a glass of chocolate milk. Done.
    Sometimes, its 1 cup spinach, 1 banana, 1 apple and pineapple chunks.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Currently off the smoothies...but my fav was usually one individual container flavoured Greek yogurt (liked lemon best); approx 3/4 cup frozen mango; good handful of baby spinach; approx 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup orange juice. If I had avocados in the house I'd put 1/4 of one in. Add a few ice cubes and blend.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I've never really done smoothies before, but I thought that might be a good thing to try.
  • yellow_butterfly2013
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth so I make smoothies that remind me of cake & candy bars. Plus i need lots of protein daily. So i start off every smoothie with 1 scoop protein powder (i use unjury 21g protein per scoop) plus 8oz water or skim milk & 2 ice cubes then add.....
    1. Reece Cup: Peanut butter powder 1 scoop + squirt SF hersey syrup
    2. Almond Joy: 1t coconut extract + handful almonds + squirt SF hersey syrup
    3. Carrot Cake: 1c baby carrots + 1t vanilla extract + handful pecans + 1T cream cream + sprinkle of cinnamon
    4. Strawberry Shortcake: 1c strawberries without leaves + squirt hersey strawberry syrup + 2 Vanilla waffers (top off with a dollop of fat free cool whip)
    5. Snickers: handful peanuts + squirt SF hersey syrup + squirt SF hersey carmel sundae topping
    6. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: *Best to use milk instead if water with your protein powder for this smoothie
    1t mint extract + 1t vanilla extract + 1/4c mini chocolate chips + 2 drops green food coloring for fun. Enjoy that smoothie for St Patty Day
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I like about half a frozen banana, 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks, tablespoon plain whey protein, tablespoon moringa powder, cup of spinach and a cup of unsweetened coconut milk. That makes two servings and the whey protein and moringa give in substance.
  • ashliweiss
    ashliweiss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Live by this simple and tasty smoothy.
    - 90g banana frozen
    - 90g strawberry frozen
    - One scoop cookies and creme Muscle Pharm (you can get it at Costco)
    - 10oz water

Macros: 249calories - 27 protein - 30 carbs - 3 fat
  • jakkrk
    jakkrk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/172631549497133
    Here is mine. Varies slightly depending on the fruit used, but what is listed are the goto ones. Also, I switch between broccoli and spinach/kale every so often