Young & Looking for support

Options
So as you can see from my profile, I'm nearly 18 years old. I have basically been overweight for my entire life, mostly due to emotional stress and boredom eating. 2 years ago, I was on Atkins and came down to 127 pounds - just 7 short of my goal. While low carbing worked well for me, I realized that I couldn't eat that way for the rest of my life. That was proven when I gained back all the weight I had lost, plus 15 more pounds, in a year and a half.
I'm starting university in the fall and I don't want to be known as the fat nurse. I don't want my mom to be able to make fun of me for being fat anymore and most of all, when I go back home to Montenegro next summer, I want to be able to flaunt my body in a bikini - not hide it.
I'm searching for friends of any age on here - people tell me I'm quite mature for my age. I need support and guidance and if you provide it to me, you know I will always be there for you!
So that's my little story, haha - hope you guys will share yours!

Replies

• Inkredulous
    Inkredulous Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 24.

I can totally relate. I would love for us to motivate each other, you can add me and I'll add you.
  • heyydanie
    heyydanie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, especially about the mom part. I remember her telling me that "there are surgeries to get rid of all that" a few years ago. And when I was in 8th grade, her taking me shopping for the 8th grade dinner dance (our middle school's version of "prom") and telling the saleslady that we needed a dress that hid my tummy. - ______ - Oh, mom.

Anyway, send me a request! I'm 23, and I'd love to have a motivation pal!
  • torysfitness
    Options
    I completely understand, from my picture you cant really tell my weight. I will support any of you in any way that i can! :) i have had all my weight collect in my stomach and thigh area. I am also looking to rock a bikini in the near future (:
  • mbrackemyer
    Options
    Feel free to add me. In the past year I lost 35 lbs eating a low carb, high protein diet (which I still believe but definitely can't be as strict as I was), and then I gained 40 lbs once I switched back to "normal" eating. I have an intense addiction to sugar and I eat while I'm bored ALL the time (although I'm looking to change). Luckily, we have both started making positive changes! :)

P.S. - 22 here with 55 lbs to lose.
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and looking for supportive friends on MFP, too! Anyone can add me, if they'd like, as well. I will add you as a friend mbrackemyer!! :) Remember we're in this together. One day at a time!!
  • Maribethlove
    Maribethlove Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 25 and looking to lose a total of about 60 pounds. I have already lost 23!! I totally can relate to each of you and I love to have friends who are around my age and motivated! Everyone feel free to add me!!
  • Lizzymk
    Lizzymk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, looking to lose 50-60lbs. Everyone feel free to add me :smile:
  • cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    stick with it!!all of you!!! dont give up, simply try making smarter choices in what you eat and be strong. oh and excersize
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it, plenty of us youngsters on here! :wink:
  • iTemperence
    Options
    Added! I'm looking for motivation as well - this program is great as it is and will be better with a bigger support network!