20 year old trying to drop last 5-7 pounds! Nutrition advice and more friends, please?!

Options
Hey, all! I've lost a lot of weight since I took on a more active job, but I still have a little bit of a belly and a large appetite! Do you have any advice on how I can improve my diet, etc to keep losing weight but not sacrifice nutrition? I'd love it if anybody would like to take a look at my diary and tell me what I could do to improve my diet for weight maintenance. I'm also always hungry, because I have an active job, like I mentioned... so keep that in mind. I walk at 2-3.5mph 7.5 hours a day on the job. Thanks! (feel free to add me as well... maybe I could see if I could learn from your food diaries!)

Replies

• cammie1751
    cammie1751 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow it's so funny, I am a 20 year old female also trying to drop about 7 pounds. I took a look at your latest entry, it seems you are doing really well! You keep to a good calorie limit and have fruits, veggies, and proteins. I might recommend drinking more water or tea and maybe adding some more leafy greens. I personally like garden salads or sauteed chard.
  • Tinalovesfoods
    Tinalovesfoods Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat more salads without dressing... I'll be sure to stock up on more convenient salad options on my grocery store trip this weekend. Thanks!

I prefer my veggies cooked but that may be unreasonable if I don't feel like cooking them lol. It's hard losing weight being short. I'm only 5 feet. They also say that you're supposed to reduce your calories as you lose weight, but I'm always so hungry! Probably because I'm active.
  • Tinalovesfoods
    Tinalovesfoods Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's hard to find leafy greens that I like. I used to eat a lot of chinese veggies before I moved out, but now they're not as fresh/easy to find/affordable in this area. But I do buy napa cabbage. Love napa cabbage... mmm. If only bok choy was cheaper around here.