How to bring free weights into the weight loss..

Options
Hey Guys,

I'm happy with my progress at the moment, i loose ~1 - 1.5kg a week at the moment, i bike to work and back (30KM round trip) at a good pace, i also run between 5km-10km if i don't get a chance to bike to work / have some free time. I want to introduce weights into my routine to start toning my body, i have a bar & dumbells with around 80KG of weights, but i'm a little puzzled as to what i should be doing with it (i don't have a bench)

I'm 29, 5ft 11 and at the moment 88KG, i've been doing 3 sets of 12 reps of clean and jerk with 26KG which is about my limit at the moment.

Replies

• Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A lot of people like the "New Rules of Lifting" workouts. I went through their Break-in workout, which doesn't take a whole lot of time per day, 3 days a week. I'd recommend it - although you'll want a bench, an exercise ball, and probably a mat.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Things you need: a rack, a bench, a bar, and plates. Eventually you'll need more plates but for now you should be alright. Look up starting strength. Also, consider getting an iron gym or some other sort of pull up bar. You can just pull the back of two chairs together for dips. Just out your hands on the back of the chairs.