Gain weight

Options
HELP! I am trying really hard to gain weight but my metabolism is just too fast to keep up with whatever food I eat.. Any ideas on how to gain faster the healthy way?

PS: I am hyper active

Replies

• ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Lift! It helps people lose, but helps gain and it looks good on you :)
  • reps4jesuss
    reps4jesuss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eat. Eat a lot.
    Work out your BMR, add a surplus of 200-300 calories on top of that and try hit that each day. If don't notice any weight gain in a few weeks, bump it up more.
    Think you'll be surprised at how much you'll actually need to eat, it can become a challenge.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    BMR!? I hope u mean TDEE plus the surplus
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    figure out a 250 calorie surplus and eat to that number, get adequate nutrition, hit macros, and don't be afraid of calorie dense foods like ice cream, pasta, bagels, etc….
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    HELP! I am trying really hard to gain weight but my metabolism is just too fast to keep up with whatever food I eat.. Any ideas on how to gain faster the healthy way?

Eat more.

Or if you can't handle more volume, eat foods that contain more calories per gram.

While lifting is of course beneficial, it won't do a dang thing for weight gain if you're not eating enough.
    Eat. Eat a lot.
    Work out your BMR, add a surplus of 200-300 calories on top of that and try hit that each day. If don't notice any weight gain in a few weeks, bump it up more.
    Think you'll be surprised at how much you'll actually need to eat, it can become a challenge.

Not BMR - which is how many calories you burn just by existing - in a coma. As someone pointed out the number you need is your TDEE - average TOTAL daily expenditure. And you'll need to eat above THAT number of calories per day.
  • butterflyfriah
    butterflyfriah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you. i am currently doing more cardio right now.. I'll try to do lifting ;)
  • butterflyfriah
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    figure out a 250 calorie surplus and eat to that number, get adequate nutrition, hit macros, and don't be afraid of calorie dense foods like ice cream, pasta, bagels, etc….

This app said I need to eat 2300 calories intake. Do i need to eat exactly or a little bit more to gain??
  • butterflyfriah
    Options

Eat more.

Or if you can't handle more volume, eat foods that contain more calories per gram.

While lifting is of course beneficial, it won't do a dang thing for weight gain if you're not eating enough.
    Eat. Eat a lot.

Not BMR - which is how many calories you burn just by existing - in a coma. As someone pointed out the number you need is your TDEE - average TOTAL daily expenditure. And you'll need to eat above THAT number of calories per day.

Do i need to eat certain foods or anything as long as I reach my daily calorie intake?
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    If ure looking for increase in weight u need to up protein and carbs. Carbs will make u put on fat but if ure "bulking" u need a combo of both fat n muscle and then do a cut "cutting fat" and lean out
  • butterflyfriah
    Options
    Thank you
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Try 2500 for a few weeks, and see what happens to your weight. Women should eat about 250 cals over their needs and lift heavy to build muscle. Make sure you're eating 100g protein (or 0.8g per lb of body weight)

If you really want to do this, cut the cardio down for a while so it doesn't get in the way of your muscle gains. The extra glute and hamstring muscle will make you run faster.
  • butterflyfriah
    Options
    Try 2500 for a few weeks, and see what happens to your weight. Women should eat about 250 cals over their needs and lift heavy to build muscle. Make sure you're eating 100g protein (or 0.8g per lb of body weight)

If you really want to do this, cut the cardio down for a while so it doesn't get in the way of your muscle gains. The extra glute and hamstring muscle will make you run faster.

Thanks.. I'll try to do lifting and we'll see from there