i am taking phentermine 37.5

marieestgill
marieestgill Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
IS any one on here taking phentermine!!!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    I had taken Adipex a few years ago. It did help with the energy and appetite suppression. But like most diet pills, it did eventually lose its efficacy as my body became adjusted. Also an odd side effect? Made me very emotional and tearful.

I wish you success.
  • I have the same things you had!! but were you under the care of a dr while taking it!! and how many
    calories were you taking in while on the pill and after the pill and did you work on it
  • I am on Phentermine and have been for a couple weeks now. Started at 242, down to 226. But, I replaced my cokes/sweet teas with a gallon of water a day. Also stayed under a thousand calories every day except two. Weight loss is slowing down, and Ill start cardio/working out in the next week. Been great so far.
  • gamecock
    gamecock Posts: 36
    I tried this too, it works, but it is a quick fix and as someone else said, your body adjusts to it. I liked the energy but you lose weight so fast you can't build muscle like you do with "normal" diet and exercise. Please just be careful b/c it can do some pretty bad stuff to your heart!! Good Luck with your weight loss.
  • Where can you even get phentermine??? I was under the assumption that it was banned since I couldn't even find it online any longer.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    The drug can have some horrific side effects, dangerous side effects and it only works for a few weeks, but the long term health damage may be severe so I would advice against it. Just not worth it when you can get the same benefits eating healthy and losing weight and not destroying your lungs and heart.
  • ahhh sounds scary!
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Wow... be careful with Adipex (phentermine). I am a healthcare professional and can tell you that it is very addictive and can have some very harmful effects on the body. I wish you the BEST of luck with your weight loss!!!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    I don't want to be a downer on the Phentermine but I have to share this. 2 years ago I took it for 3 months and lost 30 pounds it was amazing! I was taking the pills in conjunction with a B12 shot (weekly) I felt great, had tons of energy and had absolutely NO hunger! Had to force myself to eat. This was all through a weigh loss clinic that ran me about 80 bucks a month. I felt like I could keep it up on my own and the 4 month weaned myself off of it. As soon as I quit taking it I was STARVING! I couldn't quit eating EVERYTHING! I gained it all back plus an additional 20 pounds that I've been fighting with over the last year. I was seriously thinking about going back to the clinic recently because I hated myself. I wanted to feel that energy again ( addictive part) then a friend told me about this website. I have found enough encouragement here that I won't even consider that stuff anymore. It just wasn't worth it and now because I did take it I have to worry if I've done any permanent damage to my heart. So please reconsider taking it. I finally got it in my head that this is all me! I have to be able to make a conscious decision on what goes in my mouth every day and I'm determined to do it on my own this time.

Take care and good luck on your weight loss jouney!
  • KiriKiriKiri
    I am sorry you went through all of that Kat!!!! I know someone personally who went through that exact same situation (personally, not professionally). Devastating. You can do it through here! This is such a great website and so much support!
  • :blushing: i am only drinking water and i go to the gym every other day
  • :blushing: i am only drinking water and i go to the gym every other day
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    :blushing: i am only drinking water and i go to the gym every other day
    um, you don't eat food?:noway:

Doesn't sound like something a person could do for the rest of there lives unless there life was shortened. I want to live a long healthy life and include healthy foods in it and also excercise. I do pretty well without a pill.

Curious why ppl even take a pill like this with known health risks to their heart? Doesn't even make sense to me.:ohwell::huh:
    Hmm, just now looked at your ticker, you're willing to risk heart problems to lose 10lbs?????!!!! Why?????
  • KiriKiriKiri
    :blushing: i am only drinking water and i go to the gym every other day
    um, you don't eat food?:noway:

Doesn't sound like something a person could do for the rest of there lives unless there life was shortened. I want to live a long healthy life and include healthy foods in it and also excercise. I do pretty well without a pill.

Curious why ppl even take a pill like this with known health risks to their heart? Doesn't even make sense to me.:ohwell:

I was thinking the same thing!!! If you are really determined to try a weight loss medication, there are other options out there that do not affect the cardiovascular system nor are they stimulants, addictive, etc. :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    "Serious complications involving Phentermine have been reported.

Phentermine should only be used by patients who are at increased medical risk because of their obesity.

Phentermine should not be used for "cosmetic" weight loss. " There a zillion warning websites that say far more, I just grabbed this one quick.

10 lbs. to goal weight is NOT considered obese!:noway: I find this very sad that a person allows themselves to become addicted to a diet pill, eats no food, but puts their body through a daily workout likely to cause damage to that hardworking body.

It's the body I feel sorry for, boy we just treat them like crap sometimes don't we though? Considering all they do for us!
  • UMM NO I AM GOING TO OSE 60 IBS I HOPE!! AND YES I AM EATING BUT ONLY 900 CAL A DAY IF THAT
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    UMM NO I AM GOING TO OSE 60 IBS I HOPE!! AND YES I AM EATING BUT ONLY 900 CAL A DAY IF THAT

WOmen should consume 1200 calories a day, more if you are exercising, and even more as you begin to weigh less.
  • Yes, I am. Funny you should ask because I just went back to my doctor this week. Why? Do you have any questions? I have taken them before after a couple of my pregnancies. I would more than glad to share any of my experiences with you.

--Spring
  • I would ask your doctor to give you a smaller dose. You need to eat...just smaller and healthier portions. I found if I have instant oatmeal and 8 oz. of milk for breakfast, a small fruit in between, I heavier lunch (grilled, boneless chicken thigh) w/steamed green beans, then another fruit or protein bar in between, and a light dinner then I don't slow my metabolism rate and I lose more weight quicker. I think your dose is probably too high for you. Also, I get b12 shots every week-2 weeks. The shots work better for me and you don't feel them. Let me know how it goes and good luck :)

BTW: I didn't deprive myself of chocolate when I REALLY wanted it. I found for me if I bought a small bag of M&M's or a Snickers/3 Musketeers bar and 1/2 it... then I was good to go.

--Spring
  • HealthyChanges2010
    UMM NO I AM GOING TO OSE 60 IBS I HOPE!! AND YES I AM EATING BUT ONLY 900 CAL A DAY IF THAT
    and when you go off the pill? and when you begin eating more than 900 cals, which is very very low for someone trying to lose 60 lbs, what will happen then? You don't think you will gain it back and more as katlou2 shared from her own experience??

Glancing at your diary I see bacon and eggs, waffles, lots of processed foods. Days with 300 and 400 cals total?! :huh: That's frickin' SCARY and not eating anyworkout cals on top of that??! You may have energy because you're basically on speed but you're killing your body Hon even if you don't want to acknowledge it!:noway:

Becca
This discussion has been closed.