How Long Until You Noticed A Change?

Options
So I lot some weight and maintained it for a while. I joined the gym about two months ago. Some people are starting to compliment that they can notice a change. I haven't really lost any weight since joining the gym but I have lost some inches. How long did it take for you guys to notice a change in your looks? I find I don't look any different and my weight really hasn't changed so whats the point. How long did it take for you guys to see a change in your looks and to feel better.

Replies

• Lindie16
    Lindie16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found that my mind tends to have a 3-4 week lag. I reached my goal about mid-December, but it wasn't until sometime in January that I looked at myself and thought 'Actually, I do look great now.' It can be different for others, I didn't have a lot to lose in the first place (10lbs, pretty much all vanity lbs) so any changes were subtle thus took awhile to notice.
  • guslandrum
    guslandrum Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lost 60+ pounds. Obviously I could see the difference but still didn't like what I saw in the mirror. Once I started weight/strength training, working 5-6 weeks I was amazed. Especially once the BF dropped below 14‰
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I think the point of any exercise is to better ones mental and physical health.

That one can, with time, see an improvement in physique is a bonus.
    It took 2 months of heavy lifting three times a week for me to see a tiny benefit, but my clothes looked better on me.

Cheers, h.

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I didn't have much to lose but with a small calorie deficit and going to the gym, 6 weeks.