Accountability is KEY

Options
aleksis_lee
aleksis_lee Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone!

My name is Aleksis and I am currently looking to lose around 20 lbs. Lately, I've been stuck in a rut and I'm ready to get out of it. My eating habits have gotten out of control-I'm being lazy and getting takeout instead of cooking and just making bad choices in general. I would really like to have someone, or even a few people (the more the merrier), to help me stay accountable-mostly through email. If you're interested, just let me know! Look forward to getting started!

Current Weight: 145
Goal Weight: 125

Replies

• llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend, I comment on weight loss. You need to stick to this program for at least a month to get you going and losing the weight. It is a life style change. Once you get your head straight, your body will follow.
  • falconeer37
    falconeer37 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I am almost done with that exact same weight loss goal - I'm at about 5 or six pounds away from goal right now. We can do it! Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be... Persistence is key for the most part
  • BeatsPerMinute
    BeatsPerMinute Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi! I'm 25 and working to lose about 20 pounds as well! Add me :)
  • kendylfit
    kendylfit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Aleksis! I just started back on on MFP and am hoping to get down to 125 from 140 right now, with a focus more on fitness rather than weight exactly. Add me! I'm also looking for an accountabilibuddy!
  • michelletheheron
    michelletheheron Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Can you add me too? I fell off the wagon after starting this last month and managed to lose 4lbs in 2 weeks. Had a week of eating within my goal but didn't exercise and my weight stayed the same which I think led me to stop tracking my food. I also started a new job and the stress has made me want to eat badly.
    Really could do with some buddies to keep me going.im looking to lose about 28lbs. Eek! It sounds so much!
  • michelletheheron
    Options
    Add me!! I am almost done with that exact same weight loss goal - I'm at about 5 or six pounds away from goal right now. We can do it! Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be... Persistence is key for the most part
    Falconeer37 I could do with some of your persistence and any tips! Congrats!

• mollybittick
    mollybittick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! We have similar weight loss goals, I'm wanting to lose 15lbs. I would love to help you stay on track with your eating habits and would need your help in return :)
  • maryerline
    maryerline Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi ,
    I'm looking to lose about 25 lbs. going to focus on strength training with some cardio thrown in a few times a week. The hardest part for me is completely cleaning up my nutrition. Love my carbs although I gave up alcohol and I don't drink soda or juice. Add me please!
  • brandynbongo
    brandynbongo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same path as you, also looking for motivation! If anyone wants to add me, feel free!
  • mandashmanda
    mandashmanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I agree that accountability is key. Even if it sounds kind of silly, it does help having an open diary because it'll make you think twice before you eat a sleeve of Oreos if you have to log it for everyone to see. Anyone can add me that wants :) I love the mfp community.
  • beckyhauser
    beckyhauser Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I have about 15 more lbs to lose to reach my goal. Started at 164 and I'm down 15 lbs by tracking everything I eat. Can't stress the importance of calculating what your calorie allowance should be for your body. Everyone is different. Without knowing that, it makes it so much harder to know what your dailey calorie goal should be for weight loss.

Remember, you can eat really healthy food, and lots of it, and still find it hard to lose weight. It's all about the calories.

Good luck and stay focused! You can do this!!