Nice Cream

Options
Last week I saw so many people mention a healthy version of ice cream, called nice cream. I was skeptical I thought no way would it be delicious.bbOh my gosh! As satisfying as Ben & Jerry's. And so easy to make and so healthy! I just placed an organic frozen banana in my food processor and added a fourth a cup of almond milk, and then I added a very light touch of nutmeg, and for a taste of chocolate chip, I added s teaspoon of organic cocoa nibs and for more of a little more Sweet, I added a half tablespoon of the most delicious brown sugar I have ever tasted, Organic Brow Sugar. I was shocked! I am a gorrmet cook and have never made this before. As satisfying and as smooth consistency as the creamy in Ben and Jerrys. I'm hooked. Half the calories and delicious. Next time I will be substituting walnuts for the chocolate nibs.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    healthy version of ice cream

I think you mean "low calorie" version
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Healthy meaning healthy and lower calories
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I have had this in the past. It's good. But, IMO it is in no way a substitute for real ice cream. I would never in a million years say that it tastes the same and is just as satisfying.

Again, JMO. If you like it, great!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

it's actually not lower calorie than regular ice cream.....

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

it's neither.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Then I guess it's just different. Healthier wouldn't be an accurate description.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I prefer regular ice cream. I like the ice cream cake sundaes from friendlys. I just fit them into my calories for the day. I eat a well balanced diet and hit all my macros and micros so allow myself a treat every night.
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    I'm with you I love ice cream but I love the healthier version of nice cream it's just easier for me right now but no doubt I will enjoy some unbelievable Ben & Jerry's in the future,
  • AJ_G
    Options
    I'm with you I love ice cream but I love the healthier version of nice cream it's just easier for me right now but no doubt I will enjoy some unbelievable Ben & Jerry's in the future,

STOP

lol
  • bellabonbons
    Options

STOP

lol

Cherry Garcia, New York Super Fudge Chunk, Strawberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Boston Cream Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and the list goes on ....and we must not forget the retired flavors: Georgia Peach, White Russian, Wild Main Blueberry and my favorite>Holy Cannoli.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

STOP

lol

Cherry Garcia, New York Super Fudge Chunk, Strawberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Boston Cream Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and the list goes on ....and we must not forget the retired flavors: Georgia Peach, White Russian, Wild Main Blueberry and my favorite>Holy Cannoli.

I think what they meant by, "STOP" is, stop saying it's healthier/low calorie, because it's not.
  • AJ_G
    Options

STOP

lol

I think what they meant by, "STOP" is, stop saying it's healthier/low calorie, because it's not.

Yes, this exactly, thank you
  • bellabonbons
    Options

STOP

lol

Don't you just love the people here? 95% are amazing! The remaining 5 %. Ignore.
  • AJ_G
    Options

STOP

lol

Don't you just love the people here? 95% are amazing! The remaining 5 %. Ignore.

Stop saying inaccurate things and perpetuating misconceptions, that's all I ask. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
  • VoiceWithNoValue
    VoiceWithNoValue Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's not exactly healthier or lower in calories. Besides eating real ice cream won't cause any harm as long as you fit it into your calorie allowance/day. It all come back to CICO and how you manage your foods. But you're allowed to eat what you want, your body your rules. Just know that you don't need to substitute every "bad/junk" foods to lose weight. Losing weight will always come back to CICO and how accurate you log your intakes.

I only hope that you're not substituting Ice Cream for weight loss only. It's kinda pointless to do it, since most of those people who changed the way they eat for weight loss only will gain their weight back when they stopped.

Honestly, if you want to eat Ice cream, just eat it. Fit it into your daily calories intake and you're good. I don't really get all of these substituting X for Y thing..
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    It's not exactly healthier or lower in calories. Besides eating real ice cream won't cause any harm as long as you fit it into your calorie allowance/day. It all come back to CICO and how you manage your foods. But you're allowed to eat what you want, your body your rules. Just know that you don't need to substitute every "bad/junk" foods to lose weight. Losing weight will always come back to CICO and how accurate you log your intakes.

I only hope that you're not substituting Ice Cream for weight loss only. It's kinda pointless to do it, since most of those people who changed the way they eat for weight loss only will gain their weight back when they stopped.

Honestly, if you want to eat Ice cream, just eat it. Fit it into your daily calories intake and you're good. I don't really get all of these substituting X for Y thing..

This is the beauty of counting calories. When I studied nutrition, the professor recommended counting calories and the plus is you can factor in the foods you love. ☂
  • AJ_G
    Options

This is the beauty of counting calories. When I studied nutrition, the professor recommended counting calories and the plus is you can factor in the foods you love. ☂

Legitimate question: Why do you think "nice cream" is healthier than ice cream?
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can't image tucking into a piece of hot jam roly poly with anything other than real ice cream on top melting into it, but if you enjoy nice cream good on you for finding something that works for you.
  • ellenavegan
    ellenavegan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nicecreams cruelty free! Also, ince it's made of fruit it's surely more healthy than processed ice cream from the tub?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I was hoping there was an Undertale joke in here. Alas.