Any one else splurging for valentines day?

Options
I've been looking forward to this meal for weeks!!!!

Replies

• kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Husband is taking me out to an Italian restaurant we love, so it will definitely be a splurge. I exercised a lot today and ate a light breakfast and lunch so hopefully won't be too over my goals....but I am avoiding all sweets. He knows not to buy me candy and I have not touched anything the kids have gotten.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My husband said he was taking me out we usually go to the mexican restaurant which can be high in calories but have learned what are good choices there. This is if he really takes me.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I'm fixing our special dinner tonight. It will be splurgey but not insane. Tomorrow a new week starts for me & I want to be back in deficit.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I make homemade pizza every year for Valentine's Day with my husband. I use real pork sausage, lots of cheese, and this year I'm making a buttery flakey deep dish crust so it isn't a particularly low calorie meal, but I do have the advantage of knowing exactly what's in it so tracking is easy. I will also make him his favorite cookies. We'll probably go for a log walk with the dog, so that will earn me some calories but even then I'll probably eat at maintenance for the one day.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    We're going out for brunch, but it should fit in my calorie goal. Not really a splurge imo. That would be me getting the French toast combo instead of the fruit platter. Of course, this is if the blizzard stops tonight so shops will be open tomorrow.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I asked the cats and apparently we have nothing planned because they're not in love with me any more. So I guess I won't be splurging.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I banked calories all week, but it looks like it's a no go. So right now I'm making jalapeño poppers for one. And I think waffles sound good for tomorrow. :grin:
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking for my bf tonight, creamy pasta, Caesar salad, and cheesecake. Definitely a day where I'll be way over but it's not the end of the world. We went to the gym this morning to burn some extra calories and will also go tomorrow along with back on regular, more healthy food. And in more reasonable portions haha.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm sure my dinner tmw will be more calories than a standard dinner yes. We made reservations at a real foodie place. Whoot.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Enjoy!

But wow, it never even occurred to me that people actually do celebrate Valentine's day.

All my friends think it's a con.

Been married nearly 25 years and we've never needed to do anything special.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Enjoy!

But wow, it never even occurred to me that people actually do celebrate Valentine's day.

All my friends think it's a con.

Been married nearly 25 years and we've never needed to do anything special.

To each his own.
    For us it's a nice excuse to have date night.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Fabulous dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant last night (I 'saved' cals for it all week, but still didn't manage to go over my daily allowance because I just can't eat like that anymore!).
    Tomorrow, sleep in and I'll make us brunch (with heart-shaped pancakes, maybe) then maybe go for a walk at the lake or down at the shoreline.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Fabulous dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant last night (I 'saved' cals for it all week, but still didn't manage to go over my daily allowance because I just can't eat like that anymore!).
    Tomorrow, sleep in and I'll make us brunch (with heart-shaped pancakes, maybe) then maybe go for a walk at the lake or down at the shoreline.
    Sounds wonderful!
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My wife is making her awesome Pot Roast tomorrow. I will def eat too much :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    printer88 wrote: »
    My wife is making her awesome Pot Roast tomorrow. I will def eat too much :)

I put a pot roast in the slow cooker this morning. Looking forward to that for the coming days as well. YUM.
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday. I'm having dinner with my aunt and uncle, and I have requested steak (a small one) and lots of veggies. I have also purchased a small Godiva chocolate bar to enjoy at some point during the day.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday. I'm having dinner with my aunt and uncle, and I have requested steak (a small one) and lots of veggies. I have also purchased a small Godiva chocolate bar to enjoy at some point during the day.

Happy Birthday!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My husband and daughter and I exchanged cards and candy today. I received a Ritter Sport chocolate marzipan bar, which I already ate. The bar was 570 calories (3 servings) so that was a splurge.
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I asked the cats and apparently we have nothing planned because they're not in love with me any more. So I guess I won't be splurging.

My dog said the same thing when I asked her what the plans were for tomorrow :(
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @Orphia Thank you!