Malnutrition & Hair loss

Options
2»

Replies

• pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Can you drink build up or some other very high calorie fortified drinks?
  • mschybell
    mschybell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @pootle1972 I drink an ensure plus every day & I have a carnation instant breakfast with my oatmeal every morning!
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    mschybell sounds like you are on the right track to get your health (and your hair) back. Don't worry about it too much...pretty sure it will grow right back in.

Yes, you can lose hair from nutrition issues. You can also just lose hair from stress on the body. I've had hair loss from extreme life stress (certain other have had worse, but co-workers were comparing me to Job from the Old Testament) and also from surgery (had about a half dozen)...I think my body doesn't like the anesthesia.
  • mschybell
    mschybell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @ilex70 I definitely have been under a lot of stress, a lot of mine came from work too! Doctors said thats what set off my stomach problem to begin with. I didn't even know it was possible to be so stressed you become physically ill. Two of my coworkers made it their job to make my life hell. Constantly criticizing me, yelling at me when I hadnt done anything wrong, getting me into trouble yet letting other coworkers do what they want, yelling at me in front of customers, leaving nasty voicemails, one of them even gouged out my eyes on a picture of mine that was up at the front end of the store). But I'm so sorry you had to get mistreated like that! It's not right and no one should have to go through that. & Eek! You poor thing. I hope you are done with the surgeries now at least and are finally able to rest & recover! <3