NOT AFRAID TO EAT!!!

Options
Proof of the pudding (apt considering the topic!) and all that. What day did I complain about WW failing me and now being afraid to eat for fear of never losing weight?! Well, but a few days later, on 1200-1300 calories and the scales have dropped 1.5lb :D I am so happy! It's also reinforcing the eat-to-lose strategy in my brain. Maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel after all :) Thank you for all the support guys xxx

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Good. Your other thread made me sad. You can lose weight. You can be successful. You don't have to put yourself through misery to get there. Don't get upset if you don't drop weight every week. Just use MFP and eat a reasonable amount of calories daily and you'll see progress.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yeah.......
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Although I am glad that you are eating more, you are going from one myth to another. First it was starvation mode and now the eat-to-lose myth, which ties right back in to starvation mode. You did not lose weight because you ate more. You lost weight because you probably had a whoosh of water weight.

My point being that if you get caught up in that myth, you may feel okay to keep eating more. What you saw was a fluctuation. So familiarize yourself with those, and keep trucking. It sounds like you are very willing to learn, which is a wonderful thing here. Good luck on your continued success, especially one as big as the mental hurtle of a fear of eating.
  • Thomaskerrya
    Thomaskerrya Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Although I am glad that you are eating more, you are going from one myth to another. First it was starvation mode and now the eat-to-lose myth, which ties right back in to starvation mode. You did not lose weight because you ate more. You lost weight because you probably had a whoosh of water weight.

My point being that if you get caught up in that myth, you may feel okay to keep eating more. What you saw was a fluctuation. So familiarize yourself with those, and keep trucking. It sounds like you are very willing to learn, which is a wonderful thing here. Good luck on your continued success, especially one as big as the mental hurtle of a fear of eating.

Thank you. My reference to 'eating more' is in comparison to the WW plan, which I felt, IMHO, had me eating too little each day to keep within their recommended points. I am physically eating more on 1200-1300 calories, no doubt about it. I still believe in starvation mode, have witnessed it first hand several times (I'm sure the laws of physics would've kicked in eventually, but somehow it didn't for me in the space of 2-4 weeks.) I am learning, and I am trusting, albeit a bit tentatively, but I will stick with it. I don't want to go from obese to anorexic in my drive to lose weight!